Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never posted pics of my bike before but here goes..

(in fact, come to think of it, Ive never toted up everything Ive done to here either :eek: )

The bike is a '91 Trident 750 and was bog stock and just under 3 yrs old when I bought her.

Shes been through many guises since but here the spec:
'95 Speed Triple engine
1000 pound of engine tuning by Dave Harris
750 ECU to allow more revs
K&N + Dynojet
Race spec Speed Triple Forks
Proflex 4 way adjustable rear shock (taken from the winning bike from the '95 speed triple challenge)
Yoshimura developement headers - 3 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 !!!
Custom made oval carbon fibre endcan
EBC front discs
Harrison Billet 6 pot calipers
Braided hoses all round
Speed Triple bodywork
Clip ons from an early GSXR
Speed Triple rear wheel (didnt like the tyre choice for the 18" wheel)
"Ducati" style fron mudguard
And a few othe tweaks that Im keeping to myself :p

I even still have all the original kit!
Headers/zorst to be replaced with T509 3 - 1 thanks to input from Denny :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he he, yeah, you can definitely say that!
top end is about 160 mph. Not bad for a naked bike.

Its all about the fun getting there tho. My best lap of the Nurburgring (I live an hour away :p ) is 8:40.
LAP RECORD FOR A BIKE IS 7:48 !!!

I love this bike to bits. Sooooo much fun and the people I ride with say it sounds like a Lancaster bomber!
I ride regularly with "Hyper" sports bikes and nothing compares to my Trumpet :D
Never listen to the bike mags that say a spine framed bike is "top heavy and doesnt handle"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yoshimura exhaust

When you say the exhaust is a development exhaust,what does that mean.I have one fitted to my speed triple 900,never seen another one till now,what do you know about them:confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When you say the exhaust is a development exhaust,what does that mean.I have one fitted to my speed triple 900,never seen another one till now,what do you know about them:confused:
I dont know a great deal TBH.
Didnt even know there were any more out there!
Is yours mild steel too?

PS. If you click on the link below you can see my baby in action! Thats a tuned ZX10r with the camera on it trying to keep up :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got some updated pics.
Went the high bar route for a while but now back to clips-ons (Daytona 650).
I need a set of bar end weights if anyone can help out. I believe the Daytona 955i ones will fit too.
Also managed to source a nice shiney set of 3-1 headers and a replacement endcan (mine blew up crybaby2 ).

The new mirrors with integrated indicators were a gift and theyre not wired up yet. Will also need to remove the orange front inds and get a set of LED ones for the back.
I have a set of USD forks so Im just keeping my eyes open for bargains to crop up on fleabay to do the front end swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wheeltrax, the yoshi was used in the triple challenge series. It's seen as a better pipe than the sebring. I think it was lighter and maybe better tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
he he, yeah, you can definitely say that!
top end is about 160 mph. Not bad for a naked bike.

Its all about the fun getting there tho. My best lap of the Nurburgring (I live an hour away :p ) is 8:40.
LAP RECORD FOR A BIKE IS 7:48 !!!

I love this bike to bits. Sooooo much fun and the people I ride with say it sounds like a Lancaster bomber!
I ride regularly with "Hyper" sports bikes and nothing compares to my Trumpet :D
Never listen to the bike mags that say a spine framed bike is "top heavy and doesnt handle"
Think you've summed up nicely why we all love these bikes to bits. Incredible work you've done and the bike looks the dogs!:)

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts