Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We're having a fantastic summer in Cape Town so today I took the Thrux for a birthday run up the west coast. The pic is taken about 30km from Cape Town with Table Mountain in the background. 10,000 fantastic, trouble free kilometers to date. She's a little more grown up now than the lass I brought home a year ago.

AI removed, NARK, custom pipes, Hagon Nitros at the back, Hagon springs and Traxxion cartridge emulators up front, massives of cosmetic stuff covered in my album. Dyno says 69 bhp at the wheel. It may be a little over calibrated but my bikes pulls like a train! The best 50th birthday present one could hope for.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Love it!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
that is a good lookin' thrux. god, I can't wait for summer. why do i live in michigan? why? why?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Beautiful pic and beautiful bike! I think the gaitors look better when the fork tubes are polished. And happy bday :bday: I bet that Thrux keeps ya young.

What is summer? :hammer:

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2007-03-01 06:53, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
Great scenary as usual - road kinda looks like the salt flats. John
I'm parked in a lay-by next to the road which is on the left and out of picture. The surface is fine, compacted beach sand - the Atlantic ocean is to the right about 75 yards away.... Robben Island (correct spelling!!!) is just out of picture on the right. The island of of course used to be the notorious Apartheid prison that held Nelson Mandela (for 28 years!!) and many other political prisoners during the Apartheid era. It's now a national museum.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
looking good :) not been to sud Africa yet.
a year and only 10 thou
need to get more Ks under your belt

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2007-03-02 00:57, cafecruzin wrote:
a year and only 10 thou
need to get more Ks under your belt
Agreed! But our nearly 4 year old triplets are just a tad demanding right now.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts