Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I LOVE IT!

i have a video, dont laugh, it was my first take off on a bike bigger than the rebel I have been riding.

Hubby and I took it out on the highway, he has been riding for a long time. He said he was very impressed (he has a harley and a gixxer) with the bike overall.
He was impressed with how "nimble" it really is and its performance is much different than his soft tail. <--in a positive way!
I am so proud of it, it looks awesome and is fairly simple so far :)

One question though... there is a hesitation between the throttle and the "go" even warmed up. Is that just the way the bike is? (that came from hubby, i am smitten lol)

so here is my dorky take off and landing (lots of down feet because its MUCH bigger than I am used to)

http://www.youtube.com/v/K8vH91Pk5a8 the take off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui3PJ_KhBO8 my landing :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Who is doing the woo-hooing? Is that your husband or is that you we hear behind a full face helmet?! :)

Congrats on the bike on may you enjoy many, many safe and fun miles on it!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is doing the woo-hooing? Is that your husband or is that you we hear behind a full face helmet?! :)

Congrats on the bike on may you enjoy many, many safe and fun miles on it!!
ha ha ah that WOO HOO and the giggle is me behind the full face helmet *snort*:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
hesitation

If your bike has a carburetor and his is fuel injected, that would explain the difference in response - carbs respond with a small amount of hesitation compared to fuel injected.

what year is yours - if it's the 2009 it shoud be fuel injected - anything before has a carb.

·
30,169 Posts
Excellent!

Enjoy your bike - ride when you can, get familiar with it, take your time!

Don't know what to say about the hesitation - it's new yet, so just get familiar and enjoy, don't worry too much.

Have fun!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice to hear the excitement about the new bike! Congratulations.

My wife and I are talking about either a bigger bike for the two of us, or she's mentioned maybe getting a Bonnie for her... :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your bike has a carburetor and his is fuel injected, that would explain the difference in response - carbs respond with a small amount of hesitation compared to fuel injected.

what year is yours - if it's the 2009 it shoud be fuel injected - anything before has a carb.
Yeah mine is the 2009 so it is fuel injected which I guess is why he asked if it is something we should be concerned with or not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to hear the excitement about the new bike! Congratulations.

My wife and I are talking about either a bigger bike for the two of us, or she's mentioned maybe getting a Bonnie for her... :)
I couldnt be happier! GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
95 Posts
A black Speedie. Obviously, a woman...sorry, lady of taste!!

Welcome.

Oh, and get some proper pipes on it!!!

:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 2009 T100 and EFI throttle is more abrupt. When I changed to TORS, it got more so. I came off a Harley springer classic, which had a very smooth take up and release. It's not severe on the Triumph, but in the spring, after more miles, I may go back to stock.:(

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Right on Ladyfire!!

Have a blast on your new ride! I had a "Wooo Hoooo" episode myself riding the Bonnie today. Happens often and should be cherished!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Congrats on the new speedy. Now when you guys stop you'll have to get used to everyone gathering around your Triumph and asking questions. My Black/Bonnie is like an old fart magnet, they wan't to yak for hours.
As for the hesitation, back to the dealer and tell them to make it right. If it was carburetored I could suggest some things, but EFI is all controlled with the cpu.
Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
57 Posts
WTG Ladyfire!

Love to see other women riding!! I just got a Street Triple which is a serious thrill, but I still love my Bonnie T100. I had a great ride on her today!

Take time to get used to your new ride, you did great in my opinion...you should have seen my first ride on the ST3, a bit jerky leaving the dealership parking lot! The throttle is a lot more sensitive than the Bonnie's.

Have fun!

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
The hesitation is likely the injection which is fairly new to these bikes. (started in europe for 08, 09 here) so chances are there will soon be a fix via mapping either from triumph or from 3rd party mappers.

·
Registered
430 Posts
congrats on the new speedy, i have had my 2008 one for just over a month and love it, as for the hesitation i cnt say i have noticed it on mine

·
Registered
648 Posts
One question though... there is a hesitation between the throttle and the "go" even warmed up. Is that just the way the bike is? (that came from hubby, i am smitten lol) :)
I have a 2009 fuel injected Bonneville and it doesn't have any throttle hesitation at all. You should take yours to the dealer where you bought it 'cause that's not normal. Throttle response on my Bonneville is faultless.

P.S. - You look good on your new bike! :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
OMG I LOVE IT!

i have a video, dont laugh, it was my first take off on a bike bigger than the rebel I have been riding.

Hubby and I took it out on the highway, he has been riding for a long time. He said he was very impressed (he has a harley and a gixxer) with the bike overall.
He was impressed with how "nimble" it really is and its performance is much different than his soft tail. <--in a positive way!
I am so proud of it, it looks awesome and is fairly simple so far :)

One question though... there is a hesitation between the throttle and the "go" even warmed up. Is that just the way the bike is? (that came from hubby, i am smitten lol)

so here is my dorky take off and landing (lots of down feet because its MUCH bigger than I am used to)

http://www.youtube.com/v/K8vH91Pk5a8 the take off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui3PJ_KhBO8 my landing :)
Is that all you could manage, 6 seconds..I want more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts