1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the present status of my Bonnie T100

Configuration:
- AI removed
- Baffle removed (see article Bonneville Baffle Removal)
- Snorkel removed
- Air Box Restrictor Plate removed
- K&N Air Filter
- Carburettors needles replaced by original for Thruxton
- 116 Main Jet

Results:
Values taken at the back wheel (see article Test bank diagnostic of performance)
Max. Power: 61.3 BHP at 7,295 RPM
Max. Torque 71.3 Nm at 5,769 RPM

To calculate the shaft power these figures must be increased by 7% (rule-of-the-thumb) giving:
- 65.6 hp at 7,295 RPM (Factory figure: 67 hp at 7,200 RPM)
- 76.3 Nm 5,769 RPM (Factory figure: 70.5 Nm at 6,000 RPM)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ah, but the real question: what were the values when the bike was stock, and how have these modifications affected your fuel mileage? Performance is a wonderful thing, but it would be nice to know the actual gains and losses.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-11-24 14:51, bmetz99 wrote:... what were the values when the bike was stock,
That I don't know :???:

On 2006-11-24 14:51, bmetz99 wrote:... how have these modifications affected your fuel mileage?
I will keep you informed :wink:

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-11-24 15:15, kliff wrote: Joao, Joao, Joao,,,,what are we gonna do with ya?????????
Your fault Kliff! You started it!!! :hammer:
:) :) :)

Below the difference between the first run (only AI and baffle removed) and the last after all the above mods

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2006-11-24 14:51, bmetz99 wrote:
....how have these modifications affected your fuel mileage?
Today I did a long ride to check the fuel consumption.
In a mix of highway, high speed, back roads, start/stop the average was 40.3 mpg (5.84 litres/100km).
The best I've ever achieved (highway/low speed) was 44.6 (5.28 litres/100km)
I'm very happy with the result.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Very scientific of you Joao.

Your data essentially shows the power deltas between basic exhaust mods and exhaust + intake mods. Like bmetz says, it would have been great to see the deltas vs. stock but c'est la vie.

My first reaction to the dyno charts was that the max hp deltas were insignificant. But then when I looked at the hp deltas at 4-6k rpm range (where I ususally ride), it suggests you're getting +5hp deltas with the intake mods. At roughly 45 hp, a +5hp lift is just over 10%. That should pass the buttfeel dyno test easily.

At any rate, its enough justification for me to invest the time and effort in similar intake mods come spring time here in the US Northeast.

Good work and thanks for sharing.

P

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2006-11-28 10:57, SpeedyPete wrote:
Like bmetz says, it would have been great to see the deltas vs. stock but c'est la vie.
Good news: I found a magazine in the UK with the dyno tests on a new T100 (all the graphs)
Bad news: I forgot it in a shuttle bus and it was stolen.
Good news again: I already ordered a new issue and I hope to have it by this week's end.
As soon as I get it I will show the stock values.

PS. I don't know the name of the magazine. It has on the cover a B&W picture of Steve McQueen riding... a modern green bike (collage)

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mistake!
The kit is not FROM the Thruxton but FOR the Thruxton.
It is supplied by the Dutch company Tovami and consists of needles and 116 main jets.
Sorry! :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts