Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Looks great! The wheels really set the bike off. What headlight bracket did you use? Was it hard removing the factory one?

·
Registered
2013 T100
149 Posts
Good work HerrJordan - a tight looking machine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everybody.

The factory brackets are mounted to the upper und lower clamp. The problem is the gauge mount. My dealer custom-made one for me.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Really nice!

The 2017 T100 is gonna have to work to look this nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
nice, so they bolt right on. I didn't know Triumph offered that. I definitely prefer the spokes.
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, i thought about it. Maybe in a few years. i like so many styles. This bike will have different looks in the next years to come. Maybe a different color some day ... maybe a scramblerlike look ... we'll see. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, same. It looks like you have the ace bar on your bike in your avatar. How do you like it?
I like to ride more leaning forward so the ace bars are perfect for me.
I am 5 ft 6 so the Street Twin with the ace bars fit me perfect :smile2:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I like to ride more leaning forward so the ace bars are perfect for me.
I am 5 ft 6 so the Street Twin with the ace bars fit me perfect :smile2:
Yea, I was thinking about trying one out myself. They are not as low as normal clip-ons right? Also, do they clear the tank at full turning lock? If you don't mind, post some pics of them if and when you get a chance. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea, I was thinking about trying one out myself. They are not as low as normal clip-ons right? Also, do they clear the tank at full turning lock? If you don't mind, post some pics of them if and when you get a chance. :)
I`m really not sure, but i think they are not as low as clip-ons. They clear the tank at full turning yes. If not i would not have them on. I have only one picture right now and because my ST is in a storage in Thailand it will take some time before i get any more pictures. Sorry about that. Here is the one i have.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I keep coming back to this bike, love the wheels. Also, what headlight brackets are those? Was it an easy swap? and are you using the gauge lowering bracket for the speedo?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I keep coming back to this bike, love the wheels. Also, what headlight brackets are those? Was it an easy swap? and are you using the gauge lowering bracket for the speedo?
Hi,

it definitely is no rocket science. I'm not a professional mechanic.

My gauge bracket is custom-made by my dealer. But actually, i'm not too happy with the position and i will change it - i find it too low. I ordered one from these guys - http://www.mototrio.com.
With the new bracket, the gauge will build a neat line with the ignition lock and the headlights position will be lifted an inch.

The headlight brackets are these (http://www.lsl.eu/php/index.php?l=en#produktgruppeliste.php?pgkuerzel=Scheinwerfer). To fit them, you have to dismount the brakebody (no big deal), loosen the clamps holding the standpipes and pulling them down to mount the brackets. Clearly you need to lift your street twin to do all that. There's also a second way to mount the brackets and that's to remove the upper fork crown.

My headlight is the Clubman by LSL. But maybe you'll try out the ne brackets first an decide later if you need an new lamp. The brackets change the looks a lot. It's the only thing i didn't like from the beginning, while the rest of the ST is so well designed.

Take a look at this Street Twin. It's the stock headlight, they just blackened the rim. It's a whole different look. If i knew then, what i know now ... i maybe would not have changed the headlight.

By the way ... i just got rid of that fat, plasticy thing called licence plate light. I'll put up a photo soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts