Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
No arguments here
140 has been on the back for a fair few klm and recently fitted a universal fitment (front or rear) 120 on Thruxton rims.
Stick well enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
New pair of these going on my bike later this month. They have done really well for me on my other bikes. Been through 2-3 sets already.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
I too tried these on my T100 SMQ....got about 2000 kilometers on them before they went dead flat....

Seems that cop got me with his spike stripe that day....
:frown2:

:BigEyes

:jawdrop

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Alrightie then, I'll give them another try! Got an order in with Fortnine.ca....actually $10 less than last time I ordered nearly 3 yrs ago.
Anybody know what tube sizing I need for the standard T100 tire sizes (110/80-19 & 130/80-17)? I really like the Counteract bead-balanced tubes I'm using in my Commando...want to try them on the Bonne....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alrightie then, I'll give them another try! Got an order in with Fortnine.ca....actually $10 less than last time I ordered nearly 3 yrs ago.
Anybody know what tube sizing I need for the standard T100 tire sizes (110/80-19 & 130/80-17)? I really like the Counteract bead-balanced tubes I'm using in my Commando...want to try them on the Bonne....

im tubeless

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Welp...bike now has its second set of Shinko 705 Trail Masters on. Did them myself but had such a bear of a time, esp with the rear, I don't think I will do that again. Put in the CounterBalance bead-balanced tubes, just like I've had on my Commando for a year now, and went out for a shake down run. Very smooth feel at high speed, so the beads are doing their thing (incidentally, they also sell a bead kit to be used on any tire type, with or without tubes). Seems the "Wuggah, Wuggah, Wuggah" noise I've been living with ever since the Bridgestone Trail Wings were put on (3 seasons ago...see the above reason of spike stripe inadequacy of the Shinkos). So it seems that noise was most like due to tread pattern as suggested by some smart bloke on these forums 3 yrs ago....didn't need to do all that troubleshoot I guess! The front Trail Wing was undersized as 90/100-19....all the repair shop had on hand at the time of the spike strip incident. These did alright off road but made the bike feel twitchy in corners, turned in too easily. The 110/80-19 shinko front now provide quite a stable turn in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Too bad you bought new tires that day, Tornado. Could have just pulled out the spikes then got a new tube and put a bit of cardboard or duct tape on the inside of the tire where the bite marks are to reinforce it a bit. I tried installing my own tubes and tires once and nicked two tubes before the tire was even half on so gave up and took my wheels to a local shop. My new 705s will be getting mounted on Monday and Tuesday :) .

·
Administrator
11,274 Posts
I've had either 705s or Heidenau Scouts on my bike for years now, I kinda switch back and forth. But I have some Pilot Activ's out in the garage waiting for install next, kinda looking forward to going back and seeing how street tires compare, it's been a while.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Too bad you bought new tires that day, Tornado. Could have just pulled out the spikes then got a new tube and put a bit of cardboard or duct tape on the inside of the tire where the bite marks are to reinforce it a bit. I tried installing my own tubes and tires once and nicked two tubes before the tire was even half on so gave up and took my wheels to a local shop. My new 705s will be getting mounted on Monday and Tuesday 🙂 .
Though I did buy the Trail Wings that day, it was with full knowledge the Mounties would be reimbursing me for them. I was eight hours from home on a Monday and was lucky to find a moto shop open and one that had tires to fit the bike.

·
Registered
703 Posts
705s are all I've run on my Bonneville for over 100k miles. Never an issue. I only get 6500 miles out of a rear, but I weigh 260 lbs in my gear, so that doesn't help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
705s are all I've run on my Bonneville for over 100k miles. Never an issue. I only get 6500 miles out of a rear, but I weigh 260 lbs in my gear, so that doesn't help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I'm thinking to take my new set across most of the continent in a few weeks....good to hear. they should make it there and back.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Here is my 705 rear after a few months of riding at home then a trip down the interstates from roughly Pembroke, ON to Puerto Arista, Chiapas, Mexico, then back to Oaxaca where I got it changed, so about 12,000 km if memory serves. Still had a few thousand km left on it but I got tired of carrying the spare so off it came.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts