Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was getting a sore butt from the T-100 stock seat after about an hour. What's really worked for me are the beads right over the stock seat; problem solved, especially in very hot weather or wet weather, and 5,000 Pakistani cab drivers can't all be wrong. Added a Triumph fly screen to match the green color and wide bars. Thinkin' about new shocks after 1 year and 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I use a Air Hawk cover, love it, I did a 1500km ride, at 500km a day, no problems, no sore butt/ Had to paly with the air pressure a bit to get it right but would not go any long distantride without now.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thanks to Calamity Jesus for the link to Spencer's. It looks to be a bargain fix that will work for both of my bikes. My Guzzi has a great looking seat that just doesn't cut it for more than about 300 miles. It will get re-stuffed first (since the T100's solo seat works so well). I really like the look of the stock seats on the Triumph and the Guzzi...Spencer's approach is a great solution for me.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
There was a link on another post for a UK supplier of one of those sheepskins covers and it was only around 15 quid I think. I'd like the link if somone can remember it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
OK this will be an interesting project.
Step one...new seat and windscreen
Step two...new bars and perhaps rearsets
step three..mod suspension...oh what the hell... go all out and fit Ohlins:D
Step four...learn how to ride a bike properly and quick mucking about:)
you mentioned frostheaves - IMO the stock suspension is simply not able to cope with potholes and frostheaved roads. On my 02, way too much energy was transmitted into the chassis (and my back:mad:)

No need to go all out for Öhlins , budget Hagon/Progressive/Ikons will all be very noticeable improvements. I went for Ikon 7614, very happy with them for my use, but then I found a deal on a set of Öhlins PL36, will be interesting to see how they compare comfort-wise.

As for wind protection , I went for the Dart flyscreen, it takes a lot of the windblast off my chest. There's more wind to the head, but its a smooth flow. But as mentioned by someone else , earplugs are a must.
I tried low LSL sport touring bars , but took them off as they were too narrow and far forward. Now gonna try a set of Superbars with some spacers to raise them slightly.

With bars, you might have to try a few different styles to find the one that suits you best. And used bars shows up in the swap meet here from time to time.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts