Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Posted my hellos on the new members page a couple of days ago, but thought I would do it here too, seeing that I just took Delivery of My new 2001 Sprint RS. Can't wait to put a plate on her tomorrow and take her for a ride. Still waiting for the snow to melt but the roads are clear. I'll be looking for some advice about her seeing that she is my first Triumph. Please feel free to give my some pointers on things to look out for.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Gen 1 or Gen 2???

Keep the fuel Tank breather line (s) clear....they clog easily

Keep the battery at A1 condition at all times

Check for the fuel connector recall......has been done

For piece of mind replace the fuel connector IN the Tank/fuel pump plate with a metal connector....this part is NOT replaced as a recall, but can and does break with disastrous consequences.......
:)

Enjoy THE best 'sleeper' Triumph in the whole range........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Feeling like a real newbie now...I did not realize there were two Generations for this year of bike. Please elaborate.

The recall has not been done but I have researched that one, so I will make the call to get that fixed. sounded like the plate was fixed in the recall ID#50591. I'll watch for that.

Dealer installed a new battery, so I'll keep an eye on that.

Thanks for the Info.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Fuel connector No 2, the one IN the fuel tank pump plate does NOT get changed in the recall.........

It's REALLY worth getting it changed to a metal one!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
2001 should be a Gen 1 bike. It is best to replace the fuel fittings on the tank, or at least to order them ahead of time so you have them when the plastic ones break.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome. I'm new here as well, with not one but two triumph triples. I just ordered two sets of the correct metal fittings from this place yesterday:

http://quickcouplings.net

Tank side:
LCD10004BSPT - 1/4 BSPT Valved Coupling Body

3/8" for the return line
LCD23006 - 3/8 Hose Barb Valved Elbow Coupling Insert

1/4" for the supply line
LCD23004 - 1/4 Hose Barb Valved Elbow Coupling Insert

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
If the recall has been done (aluminum connectors on fuel hoses), all you need are the LCD10004BSPT and LCD17004.

The BSPT part screws into the plate itself, the other one goes into the end of the hose attached to the plate. The plastic elbow that attaches the hose to the plate is made of a different material that holds up much better than the QD fittings.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratulations etc, hope you get to ride this weekend and the temperatures higher and the snow lower than here.
Rgds Mick

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I no longer have my Sprint RS. It was a Gen 1 - intense orange, black frame, grey engine - but remains the only bike I've ever owned that I truly miss. Three brilliant Triumphs in the garage at the moment but I’d happily have the (ie my) Sprint back, in place of one of the current ones if I had to. I’m sure you’ll love yours. The E-Type of motorcycles!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
CanberraR3 - you responded to an eight-year old thread - but hopefully the OP is still enjoying the bike!

He has only four posts, though...

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
So you used the search function at least!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts