Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I thought I would introduce my new ride. A one month old S3! I am really enjoying the ride so far, a good way for me to get out there and forget about the everyday worries. Rarely for long ride, but always pure pleasure! I'm still in the break-in process, i'm really anxious to get the rpm needle higher, but at the same time, i'll keep it down for the first few hundreds of KM so everything is done properly! Enjoy the pics.

See you later

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
:photos: Wow, beautiful ride! Welcome to the club!
I love the black tank with the matte black look of the frame. Beautiful. Congrats, dude.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the comments. I will keep you posted as the machine evolve or as my experience with the bike progress. Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats!

Welcome to the club. I have an '06 Speed Triple. It is a great ride. You will enjoy yours as you begin to break it in and wring it out a bit. People stop and stare at my black Speedie all the time. Great choice. Ride safely!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome! I have the same exact bike but a year older.

The first thing I regret NOT getting is a set of tank pads--not just the middle piece but also where your legs grip the tank. Scuff marks on the clear coat showed up within a few months of riding. I got myself rubber Techspecs but there are clear alternatives. Definitely recommended!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice ride!! Is this your first bike?
Don't forget, when breaking in a new motor, it's very important to make a few runs to redline, just before changing out the break-in oil... To properly set the rings...
...And very fun!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice ride!! Is this your first bike?
Don't forget, when breaking in a new motor, it's very important to make a few runs to redline, just before changing out the break-in oil... To properly set the rings...
...And very fun!!!
Hi,

Without going to complicated, it is the first bike that I own, but not that I ride!
As for the few runs to redline stuff during the break-in....it is new to me. Can you tell me more because I can not seem to find this info in any manual.

And thank you for the comment, it is indeed a very nice ride! And hopefully a lot of fun and positive adventure!

·
Registered
113 Posts
To be quite honest, I have no credible documentation to back this up..
Just that a buddy of mine, who has broke in more than a few motors, told me to run my motor to red line a few times at the very end of the break in period. This was several years ago when I was breaking in a brand new Honda 599...
His theory is, that this will help to properly seat the piston rings, and prevent the cylinder walls from becoming glazed.

Whether or not this is true, I don't know for sure, but that old Honda went 35,000 trouble free miles before I sold it. Never burned a drop of oil, and still had great compression.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sweet!!! Yours looks just like mine except it's a different year and color. Other than that it looks jut like it. Enjoy. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts