Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2002 Daytona 955i a week ago.
Got word today it is on the truck to be delivered either tomorrow late or first thing Wednesday morning.
I'm so anxious - I can't wait!

Here is a photo from the seller.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took forever to get the bike registered... the bike arrived too late on Thursday. Friday and Saturday the DMV was closed for good Friday and Easter weekend. So I had to wait until today. Went over first thing in the morning. Couldn't do it right then: Either I need to get a temporary tag so I can ride it back to the DMV (for an extra fee), or take the paperwork and have either a police officer or notary public affirm the bikes VIN and mileage at my house... then I can return with the paperwork and get the tags and title. Got lucky that my neighbor, a notary, was home today. He confirmed and signed off on the papers and I shot back over to the DMV to finish the process. All done... except it started to rain as I got home! Rained for over an hour - torrential. Left many of the streets floooded. So... not going out today/tonight on wet pavement for my first ride - NOT a wise choice! Therefore, full first ride impression after tomorrow. Hoping the morning streets will be dry.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Yeah...

First ride impression:
Tuesday, April 26, 9am-11am

Oh Yeah! This Daytona is a monster - what a beautiful ride.
The tires need to be replaced, so I didn't push it in the twisties, but I could tell it wants to carve... hard.
All in all, a super bike. The engine hass great torque and a solid powerband. Shifting is very crisp and the brakes are strong.
The ride was better than expected, but I called it short due to the heat; 85 degrees by 11am.

It doesn't need new rubber SOON - it needs new rubber NOW! I found cracks inside the tread and along the sidewall. Yikes! Going in for a full checkup tomorrow morning. I'll add new tires to that service. Gonna start a new thread for recommendations, but if you want to throw some thoughts on that subject here, please let me know what tires you like. Remember, I'm in Florida and the hot streets are not kind to tires down here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts