Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all. Me and my new sickle won't meet until tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. Trading my '06 Suzuki Katana 600 in on a new Tornado Red '08 Sprint ST ABS. I've only been riding (again) for a few months after being away from bikes for 35 years, but I'm loving it. If only the weather would cooperate. Forecast is 25 degrees in the morning, warming up to 44 tomorrow. I don't have any heated gear, so riding to the dealer to do the trade is going to be nippy. Can one really smile with gritted teeth (to keep them from chattering)? I'll let you know.
:Dance02:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picked up my new '08 Sprint yesterday afternoon. Beautimus machine! Rides really nice, but it's so hard to keep it under the rev limit during break-in. Absolutely pleased so far. Wonderful gearbox. Heading out the door now to put some more s/miles on.:D

·
Premium Member
2017 Rocket III Roadster
2,022 Posts
Rides really nice, but it's so hard to keep it under the rev limit during break-in.
Congrats on the new Sprint!

Check out the sticky at the top of the forums on breaking in the engine. Most don't follow the conservative factory recommendations for break in. :cool:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Congrats on the new Sprint! :)

I have some idea how you feel as I bought exactly the same model a few months ago after being off bikes for around 20 years - and I LOVE it!

I recommend the heated grips and gel seat upgrades for your consideration - made a world of difference to me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrates on the new Sprint. Lets see some Pictures. :photos:

Sticks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

Cheers, G.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new

You're going to love the bike and the color...:) I've got the gel seat and heated grips...both work wonderfully. I went from a Ducati to this and I think the darn thing corners better at speed than my Monster.

·
Registered
23 Posts
new wheels

Great choice I to , have a red ST one of the best rides that I have had on two wheels. The pain off running it in is almost over at 585 miles:D

Welcome to the sprints.

Cheers RED

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Congrats on the new ST, Gizmo!

I purchased my '08 Graphite ST on 12/29, and thus far the odometer stands at 120 miles! We've had a typical New England winter, and I've not had much opportunity to get out- rain today and 40 degrees. My bike also was equipped with the gel seat, touring screen and heated grips. Enjoy the break- in period!

denoose

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Gizmo! Congrats on the new ride. I'm just on the other side of town and just picked up an 06 Sprint last weekend. After a few initial hiccups, I'm really happy with it. If you're looking for local rides and get togethers there are a lot of local people that coordinate on ncsportbikes.com.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Congrats!

The local Triumph dealer has a graphite Sprint ST deep discounted awaiting someone to liberate it from its warm, cozy environment and place it in hostile, abusive hands. I'm so willing if I can scrape the funds together. (And the dealership will take my Speedy in trade.)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Denoose, I got mine on 2/20 and have rolled up a measly 240 miles. Rode my trade-in up to Roxboro to the Triumph dealer and rode the ST home in a balmy (and windy) 35 degrees. I have got to get some better gloves! Or fork over $220 for heated grips.
Spyda, I'll look for you over on NCS as well. Looked at GroupRider.com but there doesn't seem to be much local activity there. Look forward to riding together.
Yeah, what was Triumph thinking, dropping such a gorgeous color? I had the dealer searching all over the place, and he could only find one new red ST in NC/SC, and I passed up the '09 models as soon as he located it. It's now mine. All mine, precious. Yessss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts