Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After wanting her for so long I paid my deposit today for a shiney 09 phantom black sprint ABS.
Now I just need to go home to australia and pick her up.
I got the Axle nut cover, anodized brake fluid reservoir and gel seat.

Question is, are there any accessories you would be without on your sprint???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Question is, are there any accessories you would be without on your sprint???
I'm getting older, want to ride more months of the year, which means more cold weather, so Heated Grips were a MUST for me. I also have the full set of paint protection parts on route from:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

but don't have them installed yet.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I think the best things I've added to my Sprint are the Gen-Mar bar risers, the Triumph Flip-up aero windscreen and the TOR muffler. :D The other stuff is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
128 Posts
+1 for the 18 tooth sprocket

Power Bronze front screen
a good tank bag.
a nice heated vest to plug into the free oem socket.

polish the tips of the 3 pipe cover, spray the rest bbq black.
a better horn

much better tires

·
Registered
450 Posts
Goose Patrol,

Welcome to a great bunch of riders:) I wanted a touring bike and rapidly discovered that all the other choices were at least $5,000 more. And that was used and without panniers:eek: The glowing reviews about the triple and the classy looks of the bike clinched the deal for me.

Gen Mar risers and the 18 tooth front sprocket made a huge difference for me. And the fact that the Sprint is significantly lighter is a super bonus.

So between you and NEV1050 in North Australia, what's the story about geese and ducks? :D

PS Black is a most excellent colour choice. Well done!

·
Registered
410 Posts
When I was looking for my pre used Sprint I didnt even look at bikes which didnt have a rear hugger. I saw one which didnt have one & it was DISGUSTING !! Mud & dust up under dual seat covering eveything !!! Horrible !!
After that, consider a protecter for the rear of the gas tank where your clothing rubs & a protecter for the area around the ignition switch to stop the keys & key fob scratching the paint.
Risers brilliant too. Tank bag a very usefull tool.
Aftermarket improvement to OEM front Lighting as it is C..p !!
There are some brilliant but very expensive spotlights which fit to the front forks. Highly reccomended !!!! Why Triumph have not sorted this over the years I will never know.
Enjoy your new ride.
Chris

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum goose_patrol. 3 months is a long time to wait to get home to ride. That would be hard to bare.

What have you owned or ridden previously? Have you test ridden the ST?

The cool vest looks good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I worked with an Aussie for a while, great guy When he was going to go do some sales calls, he always said he was going to piss in their pocket :D

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
I worked with an Aussie for a while, great guy When he was going to go do some sales calls, he always said he was going to piss in their pocket :D
We have a lot of strange to "foreigners" colloquialisms down under:D

That particular one means that he was going to flatter the clients.

I've gotta get a beer mate, "I'm as dry as a dead Dingoes donger"

:icon_drink:

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
'I'm so hungry I could eat the ass out of a low flying duck'
allways a good one.

I have owned 8 bikes so far including a ducati 996 but never a brand spanker. I have not ridden an ST yet (brave pruchase I know) but I have wanted one for years and to get one in black is just perfect.

I cant wait to get home, I have a photo of the bike in my bunk space with all the family and camping photos to keep me going.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts