Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Trident
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up Tuesday evening. It was more comfortable for me than the MT07 I looked at, and far classier, too. I previously had a Zero SR and do miss the insane torque, but I am looking forward to longer rides now. Over the last 15 years I've had a Duke 690, Boulevard M50, Ninja ZX6R, Nighthawk 750, R6, and Ninja 250R.

The dealer installed the bobbings, which was nice So far I've attached my Quadlock mount, removed the front and rear reflectors, the excessive amount of warning stickers, and installed the fly screen (if anyone has questions on installing it, first mark your headlight level on a wall, rotate the headlight down, and remove the 3 screws from the gauge. Pop out the lower plastic housing and everything else will be obvious on how to attach).

I have new levers, pegs, and mirrors on order from Tec and an SAE to USB adapter. Leftovers from my previous bike are a Kriega R5 tail pack and an Airhawk seat cushion that I still need to install.

Here's how the fly screen looks.

At the 600 mile service I plan on getting the quick shifter installed and possibly the frame sliders.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce the bike.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha R3, 2020 Husq Vit 401
85 Posts
How did you like 6R and R6?

·
Registered
2022 Trident
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you like 6R and R6?
The R6 was an '02, last year of having carbs.
904202_555903321127452_214359596_o.jpg

A friend had it before, who bored it out and had it rejetted. The thing screamed and sounded even better.

The ZX6R I bought new, and it was everything I loved about the R6 but so much more refined. It was my favorite bike of all the previous ones I owned. Ergonomics were perfect for me and it had that rock solid Kawasaki reliability. I nearly bought a '21 ZX6R instead, but the dealer only had the KRT edition in stock and I can't stand the graphics.

2013-05-05 16.15.35.jpg

If my wife doesn't kill me, I may buy another one next year. Not sure how I can convince her to let me have two motorcycles and a new car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts