Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

481 - 500 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,085 Posts
@wachuko
I'm glad you put the real-deal pads on your bike. And not the Wal*Mart ones you mentioned... That bike is done way too nice for those ones.

I have spoken!
(Typed!)

Reactions: wachuko

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
Hardly terrible. Have a look at an air/oil-cooled T-100 which has factory-installed pads. You're close, just a hair low. ;)
Moved... now tell me they are too high or 1mm off-set... go ahead.. tell me... :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Moved... now tell me they are too high or 1mm off-set... go ahead.. tell me... :nerd:
Close enough for gummit work.:)

YOU are the one who needs to be satisfied. It was probably easier to get right and more obvious on the older pads and tanks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Close enough for gummit work.:)

YOU are the one who needs to be satisfied. It was probably easier to get right and more obvious on the older pads and tanks.
You know it is all in good fun :wink2:

For some reason they were coming unglued...so I removed them, cleaned the area again, and moved them a bit. If they start to come unglued again they are going into the spare parts bin.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
Looks like it is stuck for good... no indication of coming unglued after a few days.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 · (Edited)
Had a blast at the local Ace Cafe. Cousin’s idea. Very glad I went. It helped relief some stress from work. It was a nice ride and drinks and food were great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 · (Edited)
That front box section is not strong enough to hold the R and the multiple holes are not helping.
It also has no substantial fixing to the main beam of the trailer.

I would strengthen the frame before using the trailer.:smile2:
Finally fixed the trailer... if you guys recall, the front bracket for the tie-down was not something that I would trust...

So I made a boxed frame, used stronger material for the floor... heavy duty brackets and bolted everything down.. I hope this works out better...

I just need to trailer the bike to Georgia as I do not feel comfortable riding alone that distance... from there we head out to to ride the Cherohala Skyway / Tail of the Dragon - April 13-15. ... same group that I ride to the Keys and the one we just got together to go to Marco Island in Naples...

Yeah, I am a wuss... as I build more confidence (and get tubeless setup) I will start going solo on longer trips... but for now, I will trailer the bike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·
I'd still feel better if you rode the bike there.:wink2:
I know... and I have been going back and forth on this one... but riding is about having fun and relieving stress for me... Not having done it before, doing a 7-8 hour run by myself will put some unnecessary stress on me...

Baby steps man... baby steps... I will do the next long run solo on the bike... :smile2:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Was going to do an oil change last night only to see that I do not have enough quarts of oil for it... ordered a box of 6 quarts and will do the change Thursday.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'd still feel better if you rode the bike there.:wink2:
Boring waste of the bike and time to ride up there. Some think riding should be fun, not a marathon on flat superslab dicing with big rig trucks for 1,000 miles... :rolleyes:

Reactions: steve betts

·
Premium Member
2019 Street Twin
513 Posts
Boring waste of the bike and time to ride up there. Some think riding should be fun, not a marathon on flat superslab dicing with big rig trucks for 1,000 miles... :rolleyes:

You can take a 1000 mile bike trip and never see superslab. That is what has kept sport touring interesting for me.

I will admit it was more fun when I was young...:geezer

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
You can take a 1000 mile bike trip and never see superslab. That is what has kept sport touring interesting for me.
He's got to get from S. FL through central GA to get to the mountains. I wouldn't even care to DRIVE that route unless well-paid. :p

And..., you'd be hard-pressed to find ANY remotely entertaining roads to ride between THAT Point "A" and Point "B".

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·

I will admit it was more fun when I was young...:geezer
He's got to get from S. FL through central GA to get to the mountains. I wouldn't even care to DRIVE that route unless well-paid. :p

And..., you'd be hard-pressed to find ANY remotely entertaining roads to ride between THAT Point "A" and Point "B".
I did make several different routes to my friend's house that would avoid major highways... that extended the ride to about 10-11 hours. To then rest and head out the next day for the group ride to the mountains... I can see myself doing that some other time... for this ride, I just do not have enough days to take it easy and see the scenery on my way to my friend's house and back home...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Street Twin
513 Posts

I agree with you there, but I also suppose entertaining may be a relative term. I love scrubbing the tires in the curvy roads as much as the next guy, but some of my best trips have been solo slogging through the 'boring' roads to get to the good stuff. There can be plenty to see along back roads through small town America.

After swearing I'd never own one, I bought a trailer about 15 years ago. And no, I don't think I'd want to ride the Thruxton on a 'long' trip, especially through Florida!

481 - 500 of 532 Posts