Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know, I recently purchased an '02 Daytona CE that had a little bit of damage from the previous owner. I've finally gotten all the new parts I need and replacement plastics to bring the bike back into "like-new" condition. I pick up the final two pieces tomorrow, and can't wait to get her back on the road. Should be an interesting project as I have a fender-eliminator and frame sliders to install as well as new plastics. Pictures forthcoming...

Frog

·
Registered
21 Posts
where did you get your plastics if you don't mind my asking? and did you buy new or used? i have a 02 and i can't seem to find any used plastics anywhere. and i don't really feel like buying new as that would cost me more than i paid for the bike. i have been enjoying the nakedness of her for the time being.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get your plastics if you don't mind my asking? and did you buy new or used? i have a 02 and i can't seem to find any used plastics anywhere. and i don't really feel like buying new as that would cost me more than i paid for the bike. i have been enjoying the nakedness of her for the time being.
I purchased new parts from the Triumph dealer...it wasn't until after I'd pulling it all apart that I discovered the full extent of the damage. I tried to locate used parts, but they simply weren't available for the 2002 CE. Still, even after purchasing these new parts, the total cost of the bike was less than its value, so I still got a good deal. Now have to replace the globe (headlamp housing), do the fender eliminator, and install the effect lighting.

Frog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts