Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wish I was there!
We've had eight rainy weekends in a row, although I did sneak in 35 miles/3500ft vertical on my Madone!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Its amazing to me how a long ride really tires you out. Its totally worth it though:D:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Weird, I see you went on Mulloland Dr. ... I thought they restricted motorbikes from going on that road I heard a couple years back, was it not the case ?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird, I see you went on Mulloland Dr. ... I thought they restricted motorbikes from going on that road I heard a couple years back, was it not the case ?
Restricted? LOL Upon whose authority can you restrict a road from not having motorcycles ride it? HAHA

But seriously no, there were hundreds of motorcycles out this weekend all over the malibu canyons.

Not one cop to be seen for miles. Not even motorcycle officers. None at the rock store and none patrolling the canyon.

Angels Crest however is a different story, now that they reopened it all the way to wrightwood they are patrolling it heavily for speeders throughout the canyons.

:)

Thanks for the chuckle.

--Kory

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
....I'm exhausted today from a long days riding....
Exhausted? From 73 miles (23 of which were down PCH ) ?
Even Google estimates your total trip at 2-1/2 hrs.
C'mon Kory - get serious :p

Shoot - I did 500 miles on Thursday through the Sierras with an 8,000' + elevation change.

Here's mine - this is just the return trip (admittedly the outbound was mere 4 hrs on freeway earlier that same day - although still scenic on 80 East from Sacramento into Nevada)

Reno To Pleasanton around Tahoe & through Sierras on 88

Michelle's Suzuki ran absolutely fabulous the whole day - awesome little bike - I was greatly impressed by end of the day.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Restricted? LOL Upon whose authority can you restrict a road from not having motorcycles ride it? HAHA
Laugh all you want but here we have streets and roads that are prohibited to motorcycle use. Thats REALITY here.

Dont laught too hard you might choke ;)

..Oh, and ... 73 miles.. thats what I commute everyday to go to work... no twisties, but half of it is traffic... ;)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Hmmmm yeah. I would say that municipal govs can restrict anything they want. We have roads all over here that are restricted access to heavy trucks etc so if motorcycles where causing an issue it would be a snap to put a no motorcycle sign up with a by-law number. Anyway, that is neither here no there but what Stormrider posted is quite feasible.

We did a 420km ride this weekend. I with I could say that there was huge elevation changes but out here elevation varies with what little ravine you are tooting through. I did all 420kms on the Bonnie wringing the heck out of it to keep up with 3 Sprint St's all with accomplished riders on them. I never missed my Sprint so much since I sold it as I did on Sunday.......

My poor Bonnie redlines at about 7500rpm and it never saw below 6000rpm.

No windshield, 420kms, keeping up to Sprints and my body was feeling it. I had a brutal head wind heading North home and spent some good time laying on the tank with my feet on the back foot pegs. :)

I see a Tiger in my near future.

73 miles...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me elaborate,

I rode 100 miles just to get to malibu, then we rode that circuit twice, and then I rode 100 more just to get home.

So my day was well over a 340 mile ride.

Don't assume things, it makes an ass outta you and... well you.

85 degree heat in the canyons that day, so heat, long riding and a long day on the bike wore me out.

Say what you want, we all have different riding limits, don't insult me for mine.

--Kory

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
No one would say anything about a 340mile trip. That is a heck of a good ride. You made your 73mile trip sound like an odyssey. I was going to ask you when the TV series and book where going to come out.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No one would say anything about a 340mile trip. That is a heck of a good ride. You made your 73mile trip sound like an odyssey. I was going to ask you when the TV series and book where going to come out.
Hardy har har ;) LOL.

Book will be out next summer and the TV series is being written. :FunnyFace:

--Kory

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts

--Kory
I think it makes more of an ass out of someone when they try to be ostentatious and use "assume" when the correct word would be "presume".

So, we should not have presumed that that was the entire story, and should have expected that extenuating circumstances would be developed and explained in the add on to the story. :rolleyes: Do I see a pattern here?:rolleyes:

Kory, if you want us to take you seriously, stop hurling insults every time some one questions you or disagrees with one of your positions. Disagree by presenting your facts or opinions, but stop with the personal insults. In other words, if you want to play with the adults, stop acting like a brat. Otherwise, go back to the childrens table.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
:YellowWow: LOL - I didn't even see that part of Kory's response.

I hope like hell for Kory's sake that wasn't directed at me since there where 3 people who said his assumed or (is it presumed) his Epic 73 mile ride, which all of the sudden turned into a 340mile ride that wasnt a part of his google map, was nothing to be tired over.

I got to ask the question: Why on earth if you are doing a ride report (which most of us enjoy) would you report on only 73 miles of your trip, 23 of which are down a State Highway?

Ewan and Charlie's : Long Way Around. An amazing journey around the world on motorcycles but all we are going to show you is when they were in Montana. Whoopeee!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Michelle's Suzuki ran absolutely fabulous the whole day - awesome little bike - I was greatly impressed by end of the day.
Love the copper SV -- I have one also. You don't see too many of them.

I like the SV for shorter day rides, especially in twisty stuff, and my
'08 Sprint for longer, higher speed hauls.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Tim,
Hwy 94 looks glorious. Looks like the perfect quick ride on a Sunday morning. I wish we had rides like that around here.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts