Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a big leather jacket fan, and heck, anything leather to begin with. Here are two of my jackets with the most miles on them. They don't have armor so some of you won't approve, but hey man to me they're the bees knees.

My Legendary Wild Stallion in brown horsehide (4 oz hide).

My Langlitz Cascade in mid-weight cowhide (even though it's their mid-weight cow it's very heavy stuff).

What do you guys wear?

Nogerelli

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bud of mine has a Fox Creek jacket.. he loves it and the quality is first rate...all for a more affordable price than other high end moto jackets (Langlitz, Aero, Lost Worlds, etc). I don't think you can go wrong with one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Leather

Cool jackets. I like the belt buckle aLso. HOW DO YOU TREAT THE LEATHER. I HAVE COME UPON SNOWSEAL. iT SEEMS THE BEST. NO HARM TO THE STICHING WITH THIS PRODUCT.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I own two leather jackets. This one which is a Harley "Bronco" jacket that I don't wear now, but it's too good to get rid of.

And this one which is my Triumph "Dean" jacket.

Both are similar, the Triumph jacket needs to be worn in a bit as it's new.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
They are kind of similar...

... both just have classic good looks. I like both of those jackets.

I was looking at the Dean Jacket myself or maybe the BMG Montana. Anyone have any feedback on that jacket?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard only great things about the Montana jacket... check out WebBikeWorld's website.. they have a great in-depth review of it. Sounds like you can't go wrong with it.

lgregory.. I treat my leathers with Montana Pitch Blend. I consider them the best leather care products around.. other's swear by Pecards.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I've heard only great things about the Montana jacket... check out WebBikeWorld's website.. they have a great in-depth review of it. Sounds like you can't go wrong with it.

lgregory.. I treat my leathers with Montana Pitch Blend. I consider them the best leather care products around.. other's swear by Pecards.
Thanks for the tip on the WebBikeWorld review. I will check it out! I have a pair of the BMG Thermosport Gloves. I have been happy with those, particularly for the money. It gives me confidence to buy from them again.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm shopping right now for a leather, have been for a year. I'm being really picky with style. I might of found one I like from www.caineleather.com. Really good price and they ship to the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm shopping right now for a leather, have been for a year. I'm being really picky with style. I might of found one I like from www.caineleather.com. Really good price and they ship to the US.
I have no experience with this company but from their website they look strictly fashion... I wouldn't trust one of their jackets to hold together in a slide (but then again the two times I've gone down I left my jacket at home so what's the difference!). I'd stick to moto-specific makers.

Nog

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I typically wear three types of gear:

- In foul weather or for long distances, I wear my Aerostich Roadcrafter. Protective but looks like ass. I won't go into it here.

- In cooler temps (85 degrees Fahrenheit/30 degrees Celsius and under) I wear my Vanson leather jacket. I've had it for more than ten years and it still appears nearly new. Thick leather, thick hard armor, and a nice, classic understated look I really like:

- Above 80/30, I wear a mesh jacket. I've got two, a Fieldsheer and a Teknic. This is the Fieldsheer:

I'm thinking about buying a middle ground, which would be a non-mesh textile jacket like this Triumph Paddock Racer:

When I wear a jacket vs. my Aerostich, I usually wear armored pants, either Arborwear pants with hard armor in the knees, or Joe Rocket mesh pants with armor over jeans.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have no experience with this company but from their website they look strictly fashion... I wouldn't trust one of their jackets to hold together in a slide (but then again the two times I've gone down I left my jacket at home so what's the difference!). I'd stick to moto-specific makers.

Nog
You're right man, thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marc, great pic with the Vanson. Jersey? Love those hard bags on the bike. And what did you mount the EZpass too? Looks like a good idea.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Marc, great pic with the Vanson. Jersey? Love those hard bags on the bike. And what did you mount the EZpass too? Looks like a good idea.
Thanks, N. The Vanson pic was taken in Port Jervis, NY, in Elks-Bronx Memorial Park. The obelisk in the background is across the state line, in High Point, NJ.

E-Z Pass was mounted on to a Mount Guys EZ-Pass holder with a couple of extra RAM arm and ball pieces. I believe the entire assembly is secured to the headlight bolt on the right side- at least that's what I seem to recall, I haven't actually seen my bike in a couple of weeks, my shed is snowed in. That's what it appears to be in this pic:

I'll get better pics and specific pieces once I can get to the bike again.

The bags are Givi E21s with Norman Hyde Givi racks. I gotta have my storage! I typically carry extra gloves (lighter or heavier depending on the weather), an extra jacket liner or sweatshirt, and paper towels + Windex for my faceshield. That's also where I keep my cable and disc locks when I'm going to be parking in the city.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I have a thing for jackets, leather or otherwise. I probably have close to twenty jackets. I've been looking around for a nice leather jacket to wear eveyday that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I've struck out so far. My current everyday bomber jacket is a little old and needs replaced.

Caine fashion is pretty good so far.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I pretty much follow Marc's Plan with the exception of the aerostitch. I have a Vanson full perf armored for cooler weather that I wear with a liner. In the boiling Texas summer, I have a Vanson mesh jacket, super lightweight also armored. If it gets really witch tit cold which is fairly rare, I have a vintage 60's leather biker jacket a buddy gave me, no armor but very well made, should hold up well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a thing for jackets, leather or otherwise. I probably have close to twenty jackets. I've been looking around for a nice leather jacket to wear eveyday that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and I've struck out so far. My current everyday bomber jacket is a little old and needs replaced.

Caine fashion is pretty good so far.
Check out Fox Creek Leathers or the BMG Montana jacket.. good quality for a relatively cheap price (compared to other big name moto leathers).

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Right now I have the Icon Daytona jacket with shoulder and elbow armor. I'm planning on selling it and using the money to put towards a Fox Creek. ;) It's a great jacket, I just want something a little more "classic" looking.

Not leather, but when it gets hot, I wear my Triumph Newham Jacket: I absolutely love this jacket.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts