Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I just posted my first YouTube video a few minutes ago. It's just a short walkaround my Thruxton idling with the new EPCO stainless pipes on it. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZc04QDptI

I blipped the throttle just a bit at the end. Be sure and click on the 'hi-quality' button. It's still really compressed video, but it looks a little better, at least in the small window.

My next attempt will be a riding video...I'll use my other HD camera though. It has a remote mic plug so I can tape the mic to my back, out of the wind. I tried a short ride with the front facing mic on the camera and it was 100% wind noise distortion. You really could not hear the bike (or the EPCO's) at all!

Cheers,
BLIGHT

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
They sound real nice and I love your Blue Thrux. Nice work.

I did a riding video of my IXILs on my Sprint and I put the camera in my back jacket pocket. Good results, no wind noise and you can hear the triple just howl.

·
30,309 Posts
Very cool!

Adding a camera mount bsomewhere is one of my winter projects. I look forward to playing with video and posting something cool like yours.

Love the look of your bike by the way!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice comments! I wasn't sure where to post this so it got moved to the correct place. I tried making a mount for the tank with some large suction cups, and also tried a bar mount with a rubber insulator--still too much vibration. Not like a 45 deg. v-twin, but more high-frequency harmonics that blur the video. Probably the best mount will end up being the good old helmet mount, or a chest mount idea that I will try too.

I'll post the moving video with good audio when I can acheive it.

Cheers!
BLIGHT:motorbike:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto!!

EPCO makes great products. I discovered them only recently myself, but they are gonna get more business from me.
Hey NB, I agree...I also found the EPCO guys are nice to work with, and the quality of their stainless steel work, and the polished finish is top notch.

Beautiful retro-styling (Commando-like) with NO visible seams or rivets like some of the other slip-on pipes out there, and never any rust!. Oh, and the beautiful music (and HP!!) they produce is just 'icing on the cake'!!!

I can highly recommend EPCO to anyone looking to upgrade their pipes to the highest quality available for their bike. Y'know, they even sound great with (recommended) foam earplugs...hehehe

Cheers,
BLIGHT:motorbike:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts