Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Well earlier this year I became the proud owner of my first trumpy 2007 Tiger Sport 1050.
I bought the bike from Procycles ST Peters, and may I say what a bunch of rip off merchants they are. I live in Newcastle so a lot of the dealing was over the phone. I traded a 2000 BMW 650 Dakar. In pretty good nick for it's age, the usual battle scars, but so many new parts I fitted to it chain, sprockets, fork seals, tyres, rego was due in July, I bought my bike in April. I offered the saleman photos of the bike but he just said its ok mate I'll offer you$2500 as a trade in. All excited I arranged finance, paid for the bike and when I went to change over, yep you guessed it. The Business Manager Vicktor, asked me if he could look over the beemer. I sat and waited the in he walks with the saleman and says "I didn't realise the bike was not in real good order". I stood up and said what crap is that then he tells me he can only offer me $2000, so I had to come up with $500 cash cos I really wanted the bike. Anyway the bike is different because it is a 2007 model with 50k, but the previous owner apparently cooked the engine in it so it now has a 1050 speed triple motor in from a 2009 model speed triple that they also sold. Servicing is going to be a nightmare cos I don't have a house to give to Brisans if I go to them. Got lots of info off the net so I might do it myself, and with the help of you guys on this forum. Cheers and happy riding.
Tigerboy1050

·
Registered
189 Posts
Servicing shouldn't be too bad. You know what you have and that's half the battle. Sure it's not as simple as walking up to the counter and saying it's a 07 Tiger but if you tell them it's got an 09 Speed Triple motor they should be able to figure parts out. Enjoy the new ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts