·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Land vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system

Drove 6 hours to Wisconsin to pick him up yesterday! He was pretty dirty and lacking the love I feel he needs. A good bath and clutch cable adjustment. Good to go! What a blast to ride! 2008, only 9k miles. So stoked! My wife noticed the head light looks likes ears, so we named him Ratchet. From the video game. Happy to be here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome to Sprint ownership, looks a beaut! Not sure if it affects you as much in the US with those big roads, depending where you are, but here in the UK night riding on dark winding country roads is a bit of a death wish with the standard lights. Its possible to fit Sprint GT lights as long as you have GT cockpit fairing and windshield (that's all you need) - the difference is very nearly night and day.

·
Premium Member
2018 Speedmaster, 2008 Sprint ST
155 Posts
Welcome to forum! Great folks/info/experience here…and that’s a fantastic bike (just brought my second one of those home last week=)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Sprint ownership, looks a beaut! Not sure if it affects you as much in the US with those big roads, depending where you are, but here in the UK night riding on dark winding country roads is a bit of a death wish with the standard lights. Its possible to fit Sprint GT lights as long as you have GT cockpit fairing and windshield (that's all you need) - the difference is very nearly night and day.
Thanks more tea! I will look into it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
1st post. I had a 2005 Sprint that I bought in Wisconsin, too. What a screamer that triple was! Hope you have a great time with your new bike...

View attachment 784504
View attachment 784506
View attachment 784505
Drove 6 hours to Wisconsin to pick him up yesterday! He was pretty dirty and lacking the love I feel he needs. A good bath and clutch cable adjustment. Good to go! What a blast to ride! 2008, only 9k miles. So stoked! My wife noticed the head light looks likes ears, so we named him Ratchet. From the video game. Happy to be here.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Very nice. Looks like you have the gel seat too which definitely improves comfort.

I agree with moreteavicar on the lights. I converted mine to the GT set up 2 years ago and wouldn't go back to standard now. Apart from paint, it really is a plug n play conversion but with the low numbers of GTs sold in the US, you'd probably struggle to find used parts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice. Looks like you have the gel seat too which definitely improves comfort.

I agree with moreteavicar on the lights. I converted mine to the GT set up 2 years ago and wouldn't go back to standard now. Apart from paint, it really is a plug n play conversion but with the low numbers of GTs sold in the US, you'd probably struggle to find used parts
Thanks Macduff,
I meant to type a longer reply to moreteavicar's comment but got pulled away.
I live in Detroit, Michigan. The majority of my riding will be on lit streets and highways, when I ride at night.
I came from a Buell XB9SX, which had a single low beam. What's funny was that first night on the roads with the sprint, I said to myself wow, these headlights are amazing! I probably will not do the GT mod but I do plan to put better lamps in. I appreciate the insight.
Cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Macduff,
I meant to type a longer reply to moreteavicar's comment but got pulled away.
I live in Detroit, Michigan. The majority of my riding will be on lit streets and highways, when I ride at night.
I came from a Buell XB9SX, which had a single low beam. What's funny was that first night on the roads with the sprint, I said to myself wow, these headlights are amazing! I probably will not do the GT mod but I do plan to put better lamps in. I appreciate the insight.
Cheers!
And yes, the gel seat is amazing!

·
Super Moderator
3,339 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I always liked the darker grey color on this model, except that it's slower than the silver ones ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
1st post.

View attachment 784504
View attachment 784506
View attachment 784505
You didn't drive from South Carolina to Wisconsin in 6 hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on a beautifully kept Triumph. Hard to find one with so few miles and hope you enjoy adding many more miles. I purchased my first Triumph in July of 2020 and live in the North East US. I had BMW's since 1985 and sold my GSA and acquired a 900 Rally Pro. No regrets leaving the BMW and have 10,000 miles so far on the Tiger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts