Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a 69 Daytona, with a 73 T100R box engine. When I picked it up the frame had the bolts through with no nuts and I was given a filing cabinet full of bits all thrown together loose. I am working on getting the grime off so there will be photos coming soon. The "box bike" came minus fenders and a seat and has a fork off of a GSXR, supposedly for the upgrade to a disk brake. It came with the Montana title and registration papers from 1985. Tom from Helena I have your old bike! I picked it up in Seattle of all places. If you have any pictures I would love to see them. I have been looking at ideas in the photos section but my main inspiration is the Ducati S1000 that I can't stop looking at. My main goal for now is to have a running engine, so it's off to the tool box and the parts washer for me.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Welcome, Jonathon, and good on ya! There are a small faction of vintage cafe types in here... mostly the modern Hinckley bikes. Some of us still hack around! :D You should find the vintage tech forum very useful also.

There are several places to go if you are looking for that vintage cafe look. A custom alloy tank and chopped fenders will provide a look very close to that of the S1000, though way cooler! :cool: ;)

Scot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update 4-28-09

I have now gotten into the dis assembly and stopped today with taking the pistons off of the rods. I have already run into some damaged bits (the cam followers and push rods are dinged up, and I need to replace the piston rings; I am sure there will be more to come, I assume that when I break open the head to look at the valve springs I will be replacing those as well)

Here are some photos to date:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts