Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are, my first mods: Sky King sliders and powdercoated Radiator cowls ala Devious courtesy of Cheapbastard himself.

·
Registered
629 Posts
On 2007-02-13 05:37, oldmanrandall wrote:
On 2007-02-13 03:53, premier wrote:
What's going on with your brake lever? Looks funny? :)
Thats the latest Triumph factory approved modification to counter 'Progressive Braking Syndrome' :-D :-D :-D
:-D :-D :hammer: :-D

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Like those sliders. A set of blue Pazzos and you're good to go. :upthumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2007-02-13 05:59, premier wrote:
On 2007-02-13 05:37, oldmanrandall wrote:
On 2007-02-13 03:53, premier wrote:
What's going on with your brake lever? Looks funny? :)
Thats the latest Triumph factory approved modification to counter 'Progressive Braking Syndrome' :-D :-D :-D
:-D :-D :hammer: :-D
Uhh yeah, that's it uh huh, no I never Dropped my bike.....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
What method did you use to coat the slider stalks black?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same concern that Racecomp had, but living and parking in a crappy city with hardly any available parking lead me to install them anyway.

The sidewalk parking tickets are $100 here in SF so I pretty much don't do that and have had my bikes knocked over countless times. I figure the odds of receiving costly damage via knockover are higher than through slider ripping off in my case.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure, now you tell me, where were you when I was asking about these? :-D

They've been tested by a few here, what kind of crash did you have? How fast? The R&G do the same? What brand would you reccomend?

The bushings are made of Aluminum not what I'd call high tensile, the bushing and bolt are one piece, a steel bolt holds the slider to the bushing.

Not that i'm saying you don't know what you're talking about, obviously it's happened to you, BUT were they SkyKing Sliders? Or something that looks similar? I know you have a lot of track experience, I agree that something that is designed to bend and absorb energy would be better, but there's not much available.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2007-02-13 14:34, racecomp wrote:
The sliders that you have will snap the lugs off the engine and frame!!!! You will still damage the radiator and all the other bits that you're trying to save!!!! It's not a good idea to bolt straight through like that!!!!
I agree to that possibility, and am tempted to switch the rears, but there are no alternative offset front sliders that I know of, and since the rears seem kinda redundant with those long front ones on, there doesn't seem to be an ideal solution.

Incidently, on my low-speed low-side in December, the right front slider did its job, but I did see a small bit of aluminum displacement where it butts up against the frame. It had also loosened a bit, but I'm not sure if it was related to the fall or not.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
They look black anodized to me. If I can get the money saved up, I wouldn't mind buying a small anodizing kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts