Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be fair I also blame myself for this fiasco so I'll say that first. I should have done way more research than I did but I really liked the look of his seat and my cousin had one of his seats. It came with his bike so he didn't deal with Rick himself but he loved the seat.
June 16 I called Rick and we talked about the seat. He talks a good game so I paid $322 for the seat work and shipped him the seat. I got an email stating production begins 7/3. Great! And then it went all downhill from there. It passed the 10 day turnaround so I called and OH! he forgot to do it ( his words). Claims he going to do it and rush ship it. OKAY. Got an email on 8/1 with tracking info. Great I'm happy again! Not so much when package never shows and post office trace says he applied for tracking number through Stamps.com but never actually shipped anything. Now its the usual don't return phone calls or emails. Almost 2 months in and I have to resort to the BBB, filed complaints with the FTC and the California consumer bureau. And disputing the charge with my bank. So if any of you are even remotely thinking about dealing with him please DON'T. rant over

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE!
After 2 months of waiting my seat arrived today. Looks nice and feels nice. Need to install for full effect. I'm still pissed about the whole affair and would not recommend him to anybody.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As requested here are the photos. He increases the front end to stop sliding into the tank and the wings are supposed to help distribute my weight.

[/URL]/[/IMG]

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is an interesting seat!
Hopefully you can get it on and ridden to let us known first thoughts on it.
Lets see you do a Marc Marques impersonation with it ( I would like to see me do it too.:D)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Lee if you're free wanna head to Starved Rock on Sunday. I'm trying to get Keith to lead to Galena but he's doing bike repairs. I will have seat installed by then.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
The seat shape is the same as found on Russell All Day Saddles. Common shape for max comfort on a ST or GT bike.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
They did a group buy on ADV rider of his seats, after researching it I opted not to get in on it. Consensus on him is great seats, horrible customer service.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my seat back in Sept. so I thought this matter resolved. LO and BEhold! Last week I got a letter from the D.A. of Tacome county. Apparently they are now opening a criminal case against Rick Meyer Saddles. I guess enough people have finally complained to them.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Hey MH, could you post up a pic of your bike with the seat on it? I'd love to see that...thanks!

Also, I'm glad you ended up getting your seat...sounds like some others aren't so lucky.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The seat shape is the same as found on Russell All Day Saddles. Common shape for max comfort on a ST or GT bike.
There's a really good reason for that. The designs come from the same guy. Handed down to his son. With a business sold, with the design included, somewhere in between. At least that's how I'm recalling it.

·
Banned
742 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts