Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
On a (1039 I think) Excelsior Manxman, and later, at the age of 70 on a Honda VFR400R at Mallory Park

I've no photo but a particularly proud day was a 3-generation ride, him on his R65, my on a K75C with my infant son in the sidecar

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
My mum hated motorcycles and when my brother and me brought a mini bike home we didn't even get to ride it we had to take it back, she past on when I was 14 and I left school at 15 and my dad had no problems going garrantour for me to buy my first dirt bike at 15 with a loan and my new Norton at 17 witch I still own, my dad only rode a bike once when him and he brother brought one in their younger days till they came off it and he never got back on one again.
But he enjoyed helping me with my first dirt bike when it had problems a Honda MT125 Elsinore the points kept ****ting themselves, always had Honda dirt bikes and British road bikes even to this day at 60, life on two wheels has been great for me and will be till the time to go when I am 105 and not before then.

Ashley

·
Registered
406 Posts
My dad passed away when I was 13; so I never got to find out if he was into motorcycles or not. I do remember him teaching me how to service the family car (oil change, spark plugs, etc).

But I will say the first motorcycle I laid my eyes on was a suzuki katana (in a magazine). The actual first motorcycle I got to see in person was a roulette green speed triple; I don’t remember what year the bike was. I remember thinking to myself “one day I will own one of these Triumph’s“. :grin2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
My Dad had a 1938 BSA 350cc Empire Star from new and later my brother ended up with a 59 Bonnie (not bought new) I still, have my 1960 BSA Shooting Star 52 years on and my son has a Honda VFR 750 plus a Ducati monster in bits which he will never rebuild. My grandson is following on with a little minibike (he is only 5). So you could say its in the blood.

Not sure how to get photos up on the replies but the one on my profile is me on the BSA at 19 back in the sixties, oh for those days again.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
My grandfather had a Triumph which my grandmother made him keep in a rented garage in another town because she didn't want the neighbors to think she married a hoodlum!

Then I came along and, well, there went the neighborhood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts