Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage was raided by the cows last night (it is where we stack the hay as well) and in their feeding frenzy they knocked over my bike. :mad:

I was talking to my wife on the phone on my drive home (hands free) and she went in to the garage to discover the bike on it's side.

The conversation went "Hi Honey how is things (blah blah) oh! no! the cows have pushed your bike over. It's lying on it's side. The tank is stratched. I've got to go now!!!! :eek: ***

Lucky that they are not steak this morning.

Bent the fairing support but did not break the plastic, scratched the mirror and lightly scratched the tank.. Not happy Jan!

I had another mirror, I'll buff the scratch in the tank to see how it goes and I have already straightened the fairing support. It could have been worse, they could have stampeded over it and pooped in the wrong places.

Tech heads - It fell on the left side. Considering it is an 03 model should I pull the tank and check the plugs before I start it? It was down for about 30-40 minutes I think..

My wife said that it could have been allot worse (which of course it could have been) but it almost made me cry to see her lying on the floor.

Maybe sausages tonight!!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I know very much how you feel! I came home from my local last night & noticed that my bars were pointed the wrong way 'round... :p

AFAIK, it's just the '99-'01 models that are susceptible to hydrolock after going down on the left.

Good luck!

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
472 Posts
The garage was raided by the cows last night (it is where we stack the hay as well) and in their feeding frenzy they knocked over my bike. :mad:

I was talking to my wife on the phone on my drive home (hands free) and she went in to the garage to discover the bike on it's side.

The conversation went "Hi Honey how is things (blah blah) oh! no! the cows have pushed your bike over. It's lying on it's side. The tank is stratched. I've got to go now!!!! :eek: ***

Lucky that they are not steak this morning.

Bent the fairing support but did not break the plastic, scratched the mirror and lightly scratched the tank.. Not happy Jan!

I had another mirror, I'll buff the scratch in the tank to see how it goes and I have already straightened the fairing support. It could have been worse, they could have stampeded over it and pooped in the wrong places.

Tech heads - It fell on the left side. Considering it is an 03 model should I pull the tank and check the plugs before I start it? It was down for about 30-40 minutes I think..

My wife said that it could have been allot worse (which of course it could have been) but it almost made me cry to see her lying on the floor.

Maybe sausages tonight!!
You have cows rampaging around your garage? :eek:
Good job you aint claiming on your insurance as this would cause a howler at the claims office. Best fire up the barbie then mate!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I always knew cows were evil. Here's all the proof I need. Later, I'll go to the farm down the road and shoot one with my tater cannon.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
See if Gary Larson will do an updated Cows cartoon strip now?:D

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Commisserations

Mr Le Chef. Sorry to hear your moos!

I may be wrong (it is known for me!) but I think the issue only occurs if the engine was running when it went over.

Logic would say that all the oil was in the sump, which sloshed to the left, but I can't see it running up hill on its own, unless the Cows were actually trying to start the bike when they knocked it over... this would probably mean that your bike is now a Calf-e racer!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rexx

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike Steven. Glad that it seems to be okay. Don't be too harsh with the cows. They hadn't learned how to steer yet.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
What's your beef? Manuer happens

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OnD, I think that it was the bull, I only have one exhaust!!

I'll start it up today and go for a test ride to make sure everything is OK :)

You're right mangles, manure happens

I am taking phone orders for the prime cuts now $10 per kg or pm me.. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts