Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past three weeks it's been snowy and cold here in the mountains. A lot of nights it dropped to 5-10 degrees F. and never rose above freezing during the day. To quote Tom Waits, it's been

colder than a gut shot b*tch wolf dog
with 9 sucking pups pullin' a 4 trap
up a hill in the dead of winter
in the middle of a snowstorm
with a mouth full of porcupine quills.

Or at least it felt that way to me. At any rate, we've finally got a bit of a warm spell and the black ice is off the streets. I decided to ride Bonnie to work this morning. With all the talk of how warm blooded these girls are, I expected a fight getting her started. To my pleasant surprise, she fired right up after three weeks of sittin' in the cold. Had to add a little air to the tires, but that's it. God bless her.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
We've had the same gosh awful cold here for it seems like as long as I can remember. It's only about 10F right now. I hope the better weather comes east.
:cool:

·
Registered
537 Posts
I DREAM about the temperatures you guys are talking about.

It's - 12 degrees C here, and with the howling wind it's - 27 degrees with the windchill. I have to wait until at least mid March to pick up my new 2007 T100 (White & Opal)

Hey.....I think I saw a Polar Bear looking in my window!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Sweat,

How is the big bore install going? Have you started assembling the motor yet?

Anxious to hear how you make out. It's something I want to do in the future.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
thanks for the interest! The parts are at the machine shop...they say they'll be done by the end of next week...

I'm still waiting on some new valve seals from Bike Bandit, I don't know if they'll be needed or not, but if they are needed the work will be delayed until they get in...

I can't wait!!! :hammer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts