Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to follow-up my previous thread about having an issue installing my Clearview with a short review.

First off the customer service was great. They send out emails during the entire process. I received my first email after ordering stating that production to shipping takes 10 - 14 business days. Now grant you I really didn't want to wait that long, but decided in the end it would be worth it. Second email I got stated my shield was heading to initial production. Got the 3rd and final email stating final inspection. It further stated that each step takes 2 - 4 days. So my shield was ordered on May 20th and shipped around June 8th.

Shield came boxed and packed in some kind of scrap foam material. The Clearview also had a thickish protective film applied to protect it. The shield is definitely thicker then the stock screens from Triumph.

I did have a bit an issue transferring the QD hardware to the new Clearview. It seemed the drilled holes in the Clearview seemed to be a pinch off possibly? In any case, I did get the stock screen brackets mounted correctly to the Clearview in the end.

The biggest issue I ran into was getting the Clearview to mount up to the bottom posts on the Triumph QD bracket. The biggest thing to make this go WAY easier is to loosen up the hex bolt on the turn signal brackets. Once you do that the turn signals can rotate a bit on the fork tubes making it much easier to get the Clearview to mount over the bottom posts.

As far as the performance of the new screen, I think it helps. I am not going to say it is a huge improvement, but much better then the stock roadster screen. I still have some buffeting around my head, but much less buffeting of the front end as a whole.

Overall for the $183 I spent I am pretty pleased. Much beefier screen then stock and feel it did improve the over all ride in general. Yes, I would buy again. Hope members find this little review helpful.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I replaced the Roadster QD screen with a Clearview, with the recurve at the top and the vent, a few years ago. I also felt it made a difference, but not a huge one, in wind noise and buffeting for me. But it made a big difference for my wife who regularly rides pillion with me. She told me that she thought that the wind trying to pull her helmet off was just normal for a passenger on the T-Bird, but that annoying effect was completely eliminated with the Clearview shield. For what its worth, I don't think the vent feature makes any real difference at all, but since it was not an extra cost it is not a big deal either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts