Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new Bonnie. I noticed that my left cylinder appears to be running a little hotter, and therefore a little leaner than my right cylinder, as evidenced by the photos below.
My question is, since I live well over 100 miles from the closest dealership, if I adjust the mixture screw on the left carb, does it affect my warranty?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
why didn't the pictures show?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\left pipe.JPG"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\right pipe.JPG"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\odometer.JPG"

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Dave,open a free photobucket account and up load your pics to that.That will give you a URL to post here. I don`t think you can download straight from your PC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my fianl attempt! :mad:
If this doesn't work the internet can kiss my Triumphant ass godbye. :hammer:

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow!!!!!!!!! :-D
I did it!!!!! :-D :-D :-D
I win! :-D
Thanx 2 all.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that the technical problems are out of the way, can anybody help me on the original question?
Thank you in advance.
Frustrations subsiding,
Dave
:-g

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Air Injection kit WHAT?
The only thing I've done is wash her and caress her fenders and mirrors as if she was mine for the night.....
:razz:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The left cylinder running leaner than the right is inherant of the design of the motor. From the factory the bike's are set up pretty lean to start with. Odd's are good if you step up the jet's on the left bank it'll cure your issue.

Sound's odd I know....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Let me try to help Dave. You have choices here. First you can run her stock from the factory. She'll be fine just the way it's made. Now, almost all of us don't do that. We modify out the wazoo. Search this site and see all the changes we make. Your question is about cylinder heat which also is answered under all the "blue pipes" questions. Triumph has an air induction system for emision control from the factory. Almost all of us remove it when we first buy our bikes. Keeps the pipes from blueing too bad and prepares the bike for off road mufflers and other modifications to come like re-jetting, hi-flow filters and all the other personal touches we add. Hope this helps and sorry if this explanation is too basic... :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What if I adjust the left carb a little richer? Will that achieve the same desired effect? As it is, I am at 3500 feet altitude, so lean-ness is inherent here.
:???:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check your local emission laws. In CA you may not be allowed to remove the AI.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In CA., laws were meant to be bent......

·
Registered
519 Posts
The problem I see with adjusting the one side is synchronization. The bonnie's 2 carbs were meant to be synchronized. I've seen plenty of California riders on this site with AI removed. For my 2 cents, I'd talk to newbonneville.com, get an AI removal kit, then synchronize the carbs....She should run like a dream..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry but I have to HAHAHA on the not allowed part, Those idiots at CARB let me cook on a 996 Ducati for almost a year then deceided to try to blue tag the bike when I had a MFG letter saying it was 50 state legal. After all the BS on the final day I refused to allow the Special Construction tag....Bingo they bought her off to say all is well. The CHP the EPA and CARB told me point blank they had no way to check the bike....UNREAL a law they claim but can't prove. Dave if you want to remove the cannister pull it if not leave her alone, I would not worry about the pipe color.....The Red and Black Bonnie is so sweet I would head that direction if blue pipes bug you, In truth to me it shows its a rider.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts