Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a beat up tank to mess with, pretty excited how is coming along, can't wait to see it on the bike! Let me know what ya'll think! I had a little help from my daughter, priceless!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question, but what are those fittings for? :confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
That looks really cool. What are you doing with the other side of the tank, are you removing the dent/scrape, or leaving it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice work.
Have you considered installing the clear tube vertically more towards the front and not over the logo?

·
Banned
976 Posts
Haha no worries, the tig does a fine job, cleaner than regular weld, that is why I am not welding it. That would add More character to the logo, worn, burned, rusty ?
Yea, ive been welding tig professionally for 11 years now, i would know its gonna burn off a cm or two of the paint closest to the weld. Post the results!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, ive been welding tig professionally for 11 years now, i would know its gonna burn off a cm or two of the paint closest to the weld. Post the results!
for sure i will, i just gotta make it to my buddys shop since i only have a welder. as soon as i can i'll get it going and post results!
thanks,!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kind reminds me of the "Rusty Trumpet", but in blue instead of rust.

Is this the bike you're putting the tank on? Because it looks pretty stellar already! I'm slowly working my way through that thread looking for inspiration and I remembered your location because I'm also in Illinois.
hey thanks, yes that is my bike and yes im putting the tank on that, switching the tank once in a while is no big deal. but thanks,
hit me up whenever you are riding in the area, whenever i don't have a destination i go west towards dekalb.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts