Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I rode my 05 VFR today, then hopped on my 00RS. What I just realized is that on my VFR, I feel kind of bound up when it comes to leaning off of the bike in a curve, whereas on the RS, I can get down off the bike, with my head right by the mirror and I feel a lot more comfortable and confident in a curve than the VFR. I know it is a lot easier to move around on the RS because the vinyl seat cover is smooth and the VFR seat is textured. But, I think I just fit better on my Trumpet. I have hella more seat time on my Sprint as I have owned it longer and I put about 20K in one year on it, but I am just not all that impressed by the VFR, mostly because it is a gas hog. I was just really shocked at how much I can lean off of the RS, confidently, versus the VFR.

Will more seat time help with leaning off of the Honda or is it difficult due to the grippy seat? I wonder. I know the Honda brakes kick my Triumph's brakes butt, but they need bled and the Viffer has linked brakes.

I don't know, I need to send my forks and shock to TMod and bleed the brakes, do the valves, throttle bodies etc. After I get the engine maintenance and brakes up to snuff, I may just sell the Honda. Then take some of the money and get TMod to hook up my suspension. I dunno...

Damn Brits and their bikes anyway...

[/ramble]

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Buy a Bonneville.
The purchase of a Bonneville instantly makes you 14% more attractive to the opposite sex.
You will also notice an increase in the size of some bodily parts without the use of lotions, pills or pumps.

H

·
0 Posts
Buy a Bonneville.
The purchase of a Bonneville instantly makes you 14% more attractive to the opposite sex.
You will also notice an increase in the size of some bodily parts without the use of lotions, pills or pumps.
I am not sure a fatter butt from riding 700 ,miles a day for 8 months will attract and chicks other than the rubber kind.;)

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
That works, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts