Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus. Went for a 5 hour ride today and my balls got all crammed down there after awhile. Is there anything I can wear that will keep them padded and cozy like, you know up front and off the skin? Something that pads the bum would be nice too.

eesh.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You could always get a pair of cycling shorts, that pad from front to back. They are a life saver when you are in the saddle for 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
^ what he said.

Padded bicycle shorts were a real bonus on my US coast to coast (and back) trip back in 09. As pusher said, I always wear them if I'm gonna be on the bike for more than a couple of hours. Not only do they pad, but good quality ones wick moisture away from all your crevices.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
So, fair to say that having big balls is not always going to help you win the fight ????
Big balls are no match for TnT. Or at least that's the way I remember it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have wondered about the possibility of modifying the tank and/or seat to be more accommodating.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Try draping them over the side of the tank, one on each side. I find that wrapping each individual ball in a sock provides enough padding between me and the tank for comfort, although the balls get very sweaty in the summer heat. But I am trying to loose weight so I am good with this.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 on the bike shorts with considerations to your ball size....
Either you're braking too hard or you're not on the balls of your feet on the pegs when things get a bit tight.
The only issues I have in regards to this is an unforeseen stop or avoidance IMHO

M

·
Registered
664 Posts
Try draping them over the side of the tank, one on each side. I find that wrapping each individual ball in a sock provides enough padding between me and the tank for comfort, although the balls get very sweaty in the summer heat. But I am trying to loose weight so I am good with this.
^ yea just what he said, for sure:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
did you tried the gel seat? i also always moving to fit my ballz whitout smashing them, whit the gel set it got a bit better i think

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read a lot last night and today and I think I'm gonna give these a shot.

http://www.rei.com/product/694431/exofficio-give-n-go-boxer-briefs-mens

I am also considering giving my bike to Corbin for them to model a seat on for a 2011/2012 Triple. I'll get the seat for free, problem is I'll have to give the bike up for 3 weeks or so which will kill my commute.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought about a custom plate with just OMB

I read lots of complaints about this however I haven't had an issue with the 2012 Triple. There is a bit of pressure on my pubic bone but it's pretty well below my uh [insert snappyeuphemism for male primary sexual characteristic]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts