Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby fell over in the driveway a couple of weeks ago but she's all better now. My drive is pretty steep and I left her with the engine running and the bars turned to the left on the side stand while I walked back down the hill to my letterbox about 20 metres away. I stupidly didn't keep an eye on her (as I usually do) to make sure she didn't start rolling back. I grabbed the mail and turned around to see her well underway coming back toward me but starting to arc to the left. I bolted up the hill as fast as I could, but when I was only about 3 metres away and she was now at right angles to the slope of the driveway, she went over on the right side.
I don't often swear or want to cry, but........

Anyway, I had her insured and Charlie at Turn One Motorcycles fixed her for me. No repairs - all new parts. New mirror, bar end, lower fairing and swoosh, brake pedal, footpeg, rear indicator, ducktail and pannier rail. I also put some carbon fibre look vinyl on the fairing as I find my knees tend to rub on them and I didn't want it to get dull. I actually did it over a year ago, but when the bike came back with one side missing, I thought it looked better with it on.

Waiting for good riding weather now....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
That carbon fiber vinyl you applied looks great. Glad to hear your bike is ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts