Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks very clean, I really like the tail, where is you license plate?

I have modify the stock tail, and when i've take the pics, the tail was freshly paint.

I'll post some pics with the finish product this week-end.

And thank's for the comments;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow, seeing your bike, I am starting to like the 2011.

Very nice, the MIVV will be my winter project for sure.

What did you use to modify the stock tail, custom or something else ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow, seeing your bike, I am starting to like the 2011.

Very nice, the MIVV will be my winter project for sure.

What did you use to modify the stock tail, custom or something else ?
I have completly cut it, only kept the upper part that bolt on the sub frame, and i've weld a little metal flatbar on it to hold the license plate. I have build 2 brakets to hold the rear turn signal and this braket is bolt to the tail with the same bolt that hold the liscense plate. I don't weld the turn signal braket on the tail because if the police tell me to remove the MIVV slipon and put back the stock muffler, i will have to relocalize the turn signal.
And i have buy a license plate LED light on ebay and stick it just upper the license with double side 3M tape.

Anyway, i don't know if you follow me, but tonight, after the job, i will re-install the tail section and take pics to show the mod tail.;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Beauty. Ride it in good health...

Just one glaring thing ... reflector .. just boom . gotta loose it .
If you are legally required to have it , get some 3M tape on there .
There's adhesive tape sold in small pieces, squares, rectangles etc. that appears black, or red, or blue; normally. However once illuminated by white light it appears a white/silver and is very reflective. If you must have reflectors it might suit your needs perfectly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wait til the sun goes up and take some more photos please. :eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.