Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little back story here... I got a 07 speed triple that was sitting for about 4-5 years. the original engine blew so previous owner got another 1050cc engine off of a sprint (I believe), and he mounted the engine and that's about as far as he got before it sat and I got my hands on it. This triumph was the special edition with the carbon fiber pieces and the titanium arrow 3-1 exhaust. Once I got it back together there was tons of electrical problems and codes, I correct all of those. but it will barely run or idle, so I checked off spark plugs, new fuel, injector cleaner the usual, replaced fuses and all relays still won't idle so I looked at the TPS and ISCV not the problem. then I looked at the throttle body stop screw the gap wasn't correct, corrected it, then it started idling around 1400 rpms. I adjusted the screw again got to about 1300rpms rough(figured there is still bad fuel circulating and the injectors are dirty). But then it overheated with in 3 minutes, temp indicator climbed rapidly, radiator fan was not coming on, right when I grabbed the key to shut it off heard a piston knock a valve, shut off the bike, Coolent was boiling in the radiator, this all happened with in 3 minutes of it rough idling. I took off the air box and there was fluid in the #3 cylinder on top of the valves only the #3 cylinder(gas). But before I even adjusted the screw to get it to actually idle if you turned the throttle it would run, and sound better than at idle, I do not know what is happing with this bike. I tested the thermostat, the coolant pump is correctly seated, the fan runs with the test from Tuneecu, no codes are showing, coolant and oil level are perfect. There are no vacuum leaks, the injectors are injecting . the fuel map is 20531, or the Map that came from factory, I honestly don't know what to do next, it won't let me connect to the ecu anymore I don't know if the ECU is the cause for all these problems, or its something with this engine, I don't know if the map is the correct one for the arrow 3+1, I wouldn't imagine the map is causing all these idle problems, I also have no idea what the previous owner did or didn't do to this engine. Could the injectors actually be trash I don't think it was running long enough for the injector cleaner to do anything. Any thoughts or a direction to turn would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050cc
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could the cause of the fan not kicking on be from the ecm? also could a bubble in the coolant system cause it to over heat, or could an injector be dumping fuel into the cylinder causing the idle to be rough and un even?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts