Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Giovanni Castiglioni, CEO of MV Agusta, must be a big fan of Bloor's business acumen. The latest news out of Italy is that they plan to upsize their 675 triple to 800cc, to make a new model range, starting with a Brutale. Gee, I wonder where they got idea from?:rolleyes:
While I think MV's F3 675 is stunningly beautiful, & I'm eagerly awaiting the B3 675 Brutale. I can't help thinking that MV will really have to build exceptional bikes to justify their premium over very similar, but much cheaper bikes from Triumph.
PS I doubt they'll do an 800 Tiger copy. They're talking about resurrecting the Cagiva brand & releasing a new V twin Elephant, to compete in the adventure/tourer segment.

H

·
0 Posts
I have a buddy who has a MV franchise. Says their bikes sell like hot cakes when they can get them but the service department is full of them waiting on parts. MV also doesn't offer many after market goodies for any of their bikes.
Very few dealers in USA and parts shortage will keep total USA sales very low I am afraid.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I have a buddy who has a MV franchise. Says their bikes sell like hot cakes when they can get them but the service department is full of them waiting on parts. MV also doesn't offer many after market goodies for any of their bikes.
Very few dealers in USA and parts shortage will keep total USA sales very low I am afraid.
They have a bit of an image problem here too with parts and service plus people are a bit wary of the continuity of distributors after some italian brands fell over in the GFC and warranty issues arose.

A mate of mine test road a 312 but ended up getting a 1198 s instead , he said the 312 was somewhat harsh and uncomfortable for road use.Then again he was coming from a FireBlade hahaha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts