Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not the guy with a bolt thru his neck but the Irish provincial rugby team. They are playing the All Blacks on their home ground this Wednesday.

Munster are the only Irish team inc the Irish national team that have ever beaten the AB's, 30 years ago and they want to do it again.

The AB's have put out their usual Wednesday secondary team but it is expected to be a commemorative battle. Munster will field at least 3 Kiwi's including a top ex All Black, Doug Howlett who plays for this top Irish team.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10543607

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
30,406 Posts
This will be a good game..............

I can't venture an opinion one way or the other. 2 great teams -expect a forward game I reckon.

·
Registered
868 Posts
A-B'S by plenty :D There will be some gifted wingers on show at the Munster game. I hope they get a run or two.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
First blood Munster, though advantage only lasted two minutes...

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Alas, them Kiwis did us in the last few minutes. An injury-racked largely academy side fielded by Munster led for 7/8ths of the match though...
Bit more exciting than the International, and complete silence for every kick...

·
Premium Member
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately I was unable to watch it and will have to wait for the replay. Did see a short news item and see that the AB's stole a win, 18-16.

Well it goes to show what a committed team playing out of their skins can do. It took a late try by Joe Rococo, who normally plays for the 1st team, to pull it out of the bag.

I think this is the first time the All Blacks had a NZ haka challenge against them, Doug Howlett put a lot of effort into it.

Am looking forward to the stage show on this one ! :D

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I hope the Rugby team isn't the same guys from some of their Hurling teams... :eek:

If so, the All Blacks might be in trouble. Especially if those guys bring their "oars" with them... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts