Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have posted this on the classic forum as well to try to capture as much info as possible, so sorry if you have read this twice.
Its that time of year again, and having grown to 5 bikes i,m looking for a multi bike policy. The bikes range from a 7 years old Kawasaki Versys to the 1975 Bonnie. My current company Carole Nash have quoted me £330 which has jumped by over £110 since last year although i have added 2 bikes, a 1999 Speed Triple and a Yamaha RD350 YPVS. To get quotes is a bit of a do as i have to give all the details to each company, so i was wondering if anyone has any advice or a company to recommend.
Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have been insured through Ducati Insurance for the past 6 yrs on a rider policy, even though I have never owned a Ducati!
I have just renewed my insurance and it was 296 pounds for an 08 Triumph Scrambler, 02 Enfield Bullet 65, 78 T140, and a 77 RD400, all fully comprehensive with protected no-claims bonus.
Ducati are not the actual insurers, the policy is with Highway which is part of LVE.
Contact number is 03448800960.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I generally change my insurer every year, as they often try to hike the price on renewal. The 3 I mostly find are competitive are :-

Hastings
Devitt
Bennetts

Hastings seem to offer a better after sales service in my experience

I've used Carole Nash in the past, but lately they seem to be too expensive ......

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't tend shop around too much, but for a few years I've been with Swinton who don't seem to be that much more expensive than anyone I've found who may be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I can't speak for the UK, but here in the US, I switched from State Farm to Nationwide and saved big on 3 bike policies.

/M

·
Registered
285 Posts
I gave up on Carole Nash too; one excessive percentage increase too many. I'm with Lynbrook Insurers. They allow mixed collections of bikes, give pro-rata refunds when one is sold (and you can see what the charge is for each vehicle) and don't charge extortionate fees for every change. They also don't load for reasonable mods either. Bennetts' database doesn't recognise the existence of my standard 1954 Tiger 100 - the one pictured in one of the current CN adverts...Amazing. Basically though you need to do your own research; what works for one won't necessarily be the best for everyone. Basically I reckon they make it up as they go along. If you don't change you're probably paying more than you should.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the info, it looks as though there is no one company suits all, in truth as we all know. Its good to sound out across our forum if for no other reason than options. Thanks again

·
Registered
Triumph Daytona 1200 - Suzuki GSX1400 - MV Agusta Brutale 1090R - Norton Commando 850 - Hornet 900
6 Posts
One thing to be aware of when choosing Multibike Policies is that you only accure NCD on the first bike on the policy. I had several years NCD on three of my bikes before putting them on a Multibike Policy. 2 years later I found I had lost the NCD on two of my bikes so now stuck with no option but to have a Multibike Policy.........I keep my 3 most expensive to insure bikes on the Multibike Policy and the others I have on seperate Policies so I accure NCD on them.

·
Registered
458 Posts
haven't heard of multi bike policies here in australia cost me $800 a year for the Bonney and I only have third party property on the Deauville and that's around $150 a year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts