Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Any body get any suggestions as to where to get a reasonable quotation for a multi bike insurance policy.

I paid £250 last year for comp on three bikes with Equity Red Star through Direct Choice.

Its rocketed to £400!!! for no reason.

Regards

Chris

·
Banned
44 Posts
bike insurance

I have 2 restored 70`s a bsa and a triumph bonne. my ins; cost me just over $250.00 for full coverage, on them . But you have to consider that price is with all my other 6 cars insured with a group policy.try "geico" i have heard good things about them.
Of course being in the uk, maybe they won't go that far? hih

·
Registered
305 Posts
For the last two years I have got the best deal by going through ebike insurance on t'internet, covering the Tiger and a Suzuki GS.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Although my Tiger is registered and insured in france now I always used e-bike insurance for my bikes, at one time had a hayabusa, K1200GT and the Tiger on the same policy and if I remember it was a total of £320 all fully comp.

I used them for the car and the van too and found them to be very competitive.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried Carol Nash (A Broker) and EBike, both coming out way to expensive.

It seems the best way forward is to put the tiger and ZX10 fully comp on 1 policy and take out a 2nd policy TPF&T for the TTR250. Works out around £250 this way.

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it works the same way as it does in the states. You must ask the insurance company to rate you based on the one of your bikes that is least expensive to insure.

I found this out when I went from 3 bikes to 2. My policy went up. I asked them if they had gone mad.

bottom line is shop around each company is hungry for certain types of insurance in the portfolio at different times.

·
Banned
44 Posts
=Tigergold;1232453]If it works the same way as it does in the states. You must ask the insurance company to rate you based on the one of your bikes that is least expensive to insure.

I found this out when I went from 3 bikes to 2. My policy went up. I asked them if they had gone mad.

=bottom line is shop around each company is hungry for certain types of insurance in the portfolio at different times.
:rolleyes:
I believe this also!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I managed to get a good deal on a multi bike policy eventually. I mate gave me the contact.

Adrain Flux do them. Came out at £229 fully comp for all three bikes and the excess was Ok as well.

Worked out cheaper than last year.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts