Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 03 Bonneville America and need to do something with the mufflers as they are way too noisey for me. I cannot find any identification about the mufflers that are on it. Sure could use some suggestions. Here is a pic of whats on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
They are too long for short TORs.

I had the same problem, some 4" universal baffles in the ends of the header pipes helped a lot. Cheap and reversible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a set of stock pipes for an 04 that should work just fine on your 03. I had taken 2 of the 4 baffles out before I bought a set of aftermarket pipes as it still wasn't the sound I was looking for. I'll give them to you if you want them. I'm in Virginia Beach. Hit me up at [email protected] if your interested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a set of stock pipes for an 04 that should work just fine on your 03. I had taken 2 of the 4 baffles out before I bought a set of aftermarket pipes as it still wasn't the sound I was looking for. I'll give them to you if you want them. I'm in Virginia Beach. Hit me up at [email protected] if your interested.
WOW, thanks Skid. I wish I had known that a couple weeks ago. I got a set off e-bay and have them on now. How do the baffles come out?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mufflers

Bill, I have the new mufflers that came off my 2011 America. You can have them if you want to pay the freight from Utah.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I also have my original pair of stock pipes from my 2012 Speedmaster. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They are too long for short TORs.

I had the same problem, some 4" universal baffles in the ends of the header pipes helped a lot. Cheap and reversible.
Aren't theae pipes 3".
What baffles did you buy. It is hard to find anything bigger than 2 inches

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts