Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

New to the Rat group, but very excited about it. I live in upstate NY and in the winter the only thing you can do is dream of riding and read these posts. Everyone here seems very knowledgeable and willing to give advice. I just bought my first Triumph a used 2004 Bonneville with very few miles. Everything is stock which is fine but the mufflers are very quiet. I dont want it super loud but loud enough to be heard when I need to be. Any ideas on which would be best and where to get them?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
A warning

You will be inundated with suggestions, so I going to restrict my comments to Brit suppliers - with Norman Hyde being one of the products you can get in the States:

www.mototwin.com - they do the SS silencers for Bonnies - used also to do T120 silencers which are frankly the dogs bollocks and I have not heard anything to compare on u tube or anywhere else. I am not sure if you can get them now but I wish I had them on my Thruxton.

www.normanhyde.co.uk - nobody better placed to look at, consider, advise, buy from - brit bike stuff. Loads of products and loads of experience. I have their classic pipes on my Thruxton - they are great, rich, mellow, I am here sound - not quite loud enough for my liking but meet the needs of many.

But, again, be warned, you will be inundated with suggestions. Your brain will turn to mush. You will wish you had never asked. But at the end, you will be delighted. Why? Because anything is better than the stock rubbish:D:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the club!:)
Like Sofiaspin said, you'll be inundated with info, but my advice is if you want something that is not loud don't get the Pred's - they are loud - I love 'em but each to his own. BTW there are a few videos out there on utube with all kinds of pipes to listen to but I don't think it's the same as standing next to the machine listening.
Good luck!
Cheers
Steve
P.S. By the way you might want to keep an eye on this thread :Hi, and exhausts by Mark N.I. on a similar subject but may give you even more (!) info! Plus the subject has probably been covered in previous threads too so you might want to do some searching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts