Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to share the other day i put in a little of berryman's chemtool injector cleaner (approx 2 oz) let it sit overnight with low tank then next morning filled her up with premium no-ethanol.... WHooh!! man the right grip has that quick jump again like when i first drove it; it was and is still very much noticeable- wanted to pass on to those whose rocket seems a little sluggish

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!

Haven't had that problem as yet, but then I've been using 90 octane ethanol free since I bought mine.
i live very close to a non-ethanol pump however on long trips i try to look for non-ethanol but sometimes filling up with the 10 percent ethanol happens. This additive really helped and the throttle had much better response

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why do I live in the vast oil reservoir called The Permian Basin and there is no Ethanol free fuel to be found? (other than at the drag strip) With the highest octane rating of 91 at the pump.

I use a ethanol killer Stabil, Berryman's, Lucas and have tried several others. It is vital to store any gas/ethanol fueled vehicle with something to neutralize the effect of Ethanol.
2000 TransAm stored six moths with no ill effects using the Stabil.

End the subsidizes and give us back our Hydrocarbons!
2 cents.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I have always added a little injector cleaner to the fuel.I use a Redex product.UK has 5% ethanol added.On longer rides i put the higher octane fuel in but it goes well enough on the lower grade of unleaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts