Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My wife and I along with another couple (harley riders...but whaddya do?) took a beautiful ride here in So Calif. last Sat. We had never made the run up to Mt. Palomar but it looked nice on the map and as it turned out...it was fantastic! What we didn’t know is that the road is a heaven for sport bike riders and they were out in droves. It was very fun sharing the road with a reversed vehicle population...95% bikes and only 5% cars!

After The Mt we ran up to Julian for lunch and a time to stretch our legs. As I parked the bike (with the hundreds along the curb, I was surprised to see a line of 10 or so Triumph sport bikes all together. I guess I need to troll that forum so hook up for some outings? lol

The ride home near lake Henshaw and out the 79 was beautiful and the perfect weather held for the whole day. About 170 miles in all... two up in lots of twisties...made for a "good tired" by the time we got home.

We recommend the route to any comming to this area. Oh...and if you RATs that were out there read this...drop me a note when you are heading out again!

M

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, there were actualy squids at the cafe before palomar observatory, (you could tell by the hair cuts). But there were really more "mature generation Euro-sportbike" riders than anything else. Nice roadbikes, grey hair and $$ bikes.

Fantastic ride. Try it if you get the chance.

After you call me to be your guide!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Been up there lots of times, M. Ever try Courser Canyon? It's sweet & hardly any traffic. Also, Mesa Grande out by the Hideout, East of Palomar. So many roads, so little time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts