Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to get a t100...the dealer by me has a tangerine /cream in the crate....i saw her yesterday all cosmolined up it was a beautiful thing...i wanna get exhaust done before it leaves the dealer....does anyone have sound clips? I heard the bubs on their site which sounded decent...i may do the tor's but i havent heard them... i just need opinions as far as what to do...i want a growl at idle and a decently loud bike overall just nothign anoying on a long ride....

the second thign is... what to pay.. i ont know how much to bargain or what a good price is.... is msrp normal... what should i be shooting for out the door? thanks again for all your help hopefully ill be a real member soon :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think you'll find MSRP (or just a couple hundred less) is normal. These bikes sell well, and if you won't buy it at MSRP someone else will. The T100 is a really pretty bike. I'd have got one myself last year but the dealers in my area all said they were sold out...even the last Bonnie black went out the door the day I was looking around the showroom.

You can probably haggle on the cost of any mods you want. They've got to uncrate and set up the bike anyways, plus you're spending a wad of cash and a discount on mods and accessories is a reasonable thing to ask for.

I've got predators on my Thruxton and they're great. I'd guess the same growling on acceleration and smooth sound when cruising would be found on a set for a T100.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Save some cash and buy used pipes on e-bay or from the classifieds here. I have the TOR's, and I love them. Got'em for around $240 shipped from this sight. The Norman Hyde Toga's are also really popular.

Also, what "style" are you looking for? Pea-shooter or reverse cone?

Price?
Shoot for your OTD price for the stock T-100 to be around MSRP. Roughly a year ago, MSRP was $7999 for my bike, and I paid $8150 OTD for the stock bike delivered to my driveway.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i want a growl at idle and a decently loud bike overall just nothign anoying on a long ride....
I wanted what you describe so I sold my TORs. They sounded great at idle but couldn't hear them over the sewing machine noise while cruising unless i gave the throttle a real good twist. I replaced them with the Predators. Now THOSE are some good sounding pipes. Sounds wicked at idle, nice and loud when going through the gears and they can be heard but are tolerable while cruising. You can hear the pipes and the engine pretty equally. And the loud is a good loud. No shrieking or raspy note. Just a good, mean, quality, "they'll hear ya coming" exaust note. Almost harley like.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do the predators offer any performance increases? I'm in the market for something softer than D&Ds but louder than TORs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My bike (essentially the same engine as a T100) all stock dyno'd at 55.5 peak rwhp.

With Predators and K&N filters got 63 rwhp. The service tech said the gain was 50-50 from the pipes and the airbox removal.

[ This message was edited by: Tabletop on 2006-04-17 21:29 ]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also if u have a link that would be sweet.. i think i found them online but they were like 500 bucks.. is that correct??

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Softer than D&D's louder than TOR's
try Staintune's, stainless steel and will outlast the life of your bike, have pea shooter and reverse megaphone styles for bonnies. Their web site has sound clips as well.

john

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey Greggle
Rejet is required with the pipes or the airbox removal (or both at the same time.)
The predators are a polished "chrome like finish" over stainless. May not be chrome plated but they sure look like they are.
Pipes alone run $525...British Customs has a deal running, $770 for complete kit -pipes, K&N filters and AI removal (the AI is an EPA polution thingy -but it encourages bluing of the head pipes so removing it helps to reduce discoloration.)
If you have the dealer do the install at set up you should be able to negotiate the labor cost.

Link to the BC page with the predators, there's a link for a sound bite there:

http://www.british-customs.com/store/catalog/British-Customs-Triumph-Bonneville-Exhaust-p-17535.html

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the thing is i know nothign about working on bikes...will the dealer install non-triumph parts? will it affect the warranty? also will they charge an arm and a leg to tune it out? I just want a nice deep semi-loud (during acceleration) exhaust... any way to avoid rejetting etc? would it be worth it to just get the tor's and let the dealer do their thing?

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you buy the parts through the dealer, then he'll install them. Chances are your local shop will sell non-triumph parts. Since you're buying a bike, you should feel very comfortable asking for a break on the install labor cost.

My dealer did the work for me. Bolting on stuff (like pipes) I've done with previous bikes, but I'm not confident about rejetting carbs. I know my shop will warranty the bike and their work (of course to a reasonable extent.) Dunno about other shops. But I'm very satisfied with the store, so that's where I'll be going for any future mechanical work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts