Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got accepted into grad school at the Guildhall at SMU for video game design today. I'll be moving down to Plano, TX area the week before classes start on the 8th. If any Texans wanna meet up and ride and/or hang out, drop me a line or post up. I'll be busy as hell with school, but I'll still need a mental break here and there to refresh before diving back in.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll be working my butt off, but at least I'll have year-round riding weather to keep me happy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome to Texas!

You might want to check out the Two Wheeled Texans forum. You'll find a regular weekly bike night in Plano that's organized/posted up by Rob_S there. He's the previous owner of my Speed Triple, but despite his lack of good judgement in letting this fine bike slip away, Rob's really a great guy. Tell him I sent you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Nice going, Kuhlka, and best of luck. My son is doing similar undergrad work in Portland, OR.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Kuhlka, I too am a game nerd. My roomate is getting a 360/Gears of War of x-mas! I won't be leaving the house much for a while. Good luck in Dallas! Godspeed.
:-D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dallas huh?..........The Mavs suck big time. I would be interested in a TX ride. I think Tekmoe and Guvnor live in the area too. Strange as it is I'm kind of a ride around kind of guy, not a balls to the wall go fast as I can on the brink of loosing control/death type of person. There's a dealer in Plano, but it sucks; they only want people to shop there who buy BMWs. The dealer in Dallas is OK, and the one in Fort Worth is better. In FW we meet every month, it's an OK time for all.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
the dealer in plano is a P.O.S. fucc that place. i'll never buy anything from them.

RPM cycle is good. i deal with keith quite often and he's a good guy when you catch him on his good days.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Btw, Plano is what I would like refer to as a "motorcycle death trap," highway to Hell," or any other colorful name that implies that there is a greater than 80% chance of being run over by a cage if you ride on that road, so be careful.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i grew up in arlington , and do i miss that texas weather.

but i would trade it any day for the roads i get to ride around here in middle tennessee ..

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Don't they only have dial up in TX. :hammer:

Good luck. Hope it all goes well. :wink:

[ This message was edited by: Limey on 2006-12-18 19:56 ]

·
Registered
157 Posts
On 2006-12-18 19:56, Limey wrote:
Don't they only have dial up in TX. :hammer:

Good luck. Hope it all goes well. :wink:
What choo talkin' bout willis.....SBC / Verizon territory. SBC-ATT here has some of the bests pings in the nation and we got a shitload of FIOS from Verizon.

Welcome to the Area...Plano kind of sucks, overpriced and high impact. As was stated, watch the highways and the roads. Come down to Fort Worth every once in a while lay back drink yourself a Shiner and enjoy the scenary...the chicks are pretty nice.

We go ridin' every once in a while with a couple of dudes in the area, mostly work buddies.

BTW, your summers from late June to late August will be hell...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
right on kuhlka!!! good to hear man!

are you getting into the interaction design part of it???
or visual design?? or engineering side?
from the sounds of your mechanical chops, i'd say your getting into the back-end side of it.

great career!!! one of the only industries that DOMINATED after the dot.com bust! the game industry!!!

keep us posted! --- oh and i'll whip your ass in a game of quake 3 any day! :-D :-D

enjoy bush country, can't wait to hear about that!! :wink:
good thing is, apparently there is no speed limit in texas after us driving to mardi gras one year. people were passinng us like we were goin g backwards!

congrats bro!! just don't be lured by the (ever so popular) tight-jean-big-hair texas honeys!!
-b :-D

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Your first task will be to design the logo for the Texas Speed Triple Mafia. :upthumb:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts