Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for riders in the Adelaide area, what are the roads like in the area? great for riding? I'm moving from the states and will be bringing my bike with me, and I have been searching through different maps to see if there are any really choice rides to take, but I would like to get some info from locals in the area... any advice you can give me would be appreciated..

·
Registered
425 Posts
I live in Adelaide, right at the edge of the suburbs. 5 minutes to the hills roads.
Lots of twisty roads away from the highways if you know where to go.

Depends where in Adelaide you end up, I'm in the north east (Golden Grove)...I can hit the hills roads without even seeing a traffic light or stop sign.

Cheers Terry

PS do a search on Adelaide Hills Drives they push it on the radio, it might give you an idea.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a question for riders in the Adelaide area, what are the roads like in the area? great for riding? I'm moving from the states and will be bringing my bike with me, and I have been searching through different maps to see if there are any really choice rides to take, but I would like to get some info from locals in the area... any advice you can give me would be appreciated..
Lets us know when you get yourself sorted and we can go out for a ride.
http://www.triumph-riders-club.org.au/
The bike club has about 70 members and we go out more often than the website suggests.
Any idea when you arrive, what bikes do you have, bring plenty of spares the Triumph shop here is not the best.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Advice huh?

Well, unless it's too late, rethink Adelaide and come to Sydney. Best motorcycle roads anywhere IMO. Also Adelaide is on the very much depleted Murray river which is bad enough in itself but everyone upstream has used it as a urinal. Drink only bottled water or beer if you decide to go there.
If anyone suggests riding on the Eyre Peninsula on a hot summer's day, kill yourself. It will save time. The kangaroos throw themselves in front of trucks because they hate the place, the heat and the flies. This isn't roadkill as much as native fauna suicide.

If it's for work and you have to go there, restrict your riding to the Adelaide hills or the Fleurieu Peninsula. If it's a woman, mate, she isn't different enough to go to Adelaide. Find a nice Sydney girl and settle in civilization.

Best of luck, you poor b'stard...

Linz :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
=Linz! Too funny! -- actually I'm going to Adelaide to attend school.. learning how to get tanked from growing grapes..

I appreciate the input on some of the roads.. now all I have to do is figure out the best method of shipping motorcycles.. ill be damned if Im leaving my bike here for a few years...

·
Registered
185 Posts
fair go mate!!

That's really funny Linz!!
Bloody childish cheap shots like that just show how shallow some people really are!!

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Bloody childish cheap shots like that just show how shallow some people really are!!
He`s just extracting the urine! Don`t take it so seriously. I would have expected some witty retort from one of our SA members, PM me, I have plenty of NSW jokes, especially after their utterly shameful defeat in the recent State of Origin!

:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hans, I've lived in Adelaide for 40 years & it's a boring joint but one thing it has got are some good hills roads, I'm lucky in the fact I'm 5 minutes from the hills roads & 7 minutes from the dirt roads...if I lived in some other areas I would be stuffed.

BTW love your black Triumph, very nice

·
Registered
185 Posts
Adelaide Triumph riders

We had our monthly ride today with Triumph Riders Club!!
This club is booming!
Over 70 members now and, despite a cold morning, about 50 turned out for a ride to Goolwa.

·
Registered
425 Posts
We had our monthly ride today with Triumph Riders Club!!
This club is booming!
Over 70 members now and, despite a cold morning, about 50 turned out for a ride to Goolwa.
I forgot about the Triumph RAT rides..they leave from Franklin St don't they.
I should join in one day, any Scramblers ? would they be out of place ?

Cheers Terry

·
Registered
427 Posts
Roads are like this mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicMzzAO8WY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts