Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The insurance agent called this morning and told me the Trophy is totalled. 60-70 foot over the side of the mountain took it's toll on the bike. She was still running when I walked down and turned her off . I salvaged the top rack since it cost me a fortune. The Emerald Green Machine is going to salvage. Don't let anyone tell you armour is a option. The helmet, gloves, raptor jacket and boots most likely saved my life. I came out with some cracked ribs and some bruised parts. I pick the new Tiger up next week. :D Joe

·
30,527 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trophy - the main thing is you are OK. The tiger is a great bike too.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glad you are still with us, sorry the Trophy is not.
Mark

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Glad you are still with us, sorry the Trophy is not.
Mark
Thanks for the replies. The accident was on 1880 at the Euro rally in Burksville, Ky. The Rally was a BMW Rally sponsored by the riders in Nashville ,TN. These folks are a great bunch of people as well as the RAT riders that pulled my butt off of the side of the mountain. The guys went back to the rally and told them what happened. Three Ducati riders were there. They threw them the keys to the truck and trailer and told them to go get me. No sooner did we get back ,the Ducati riders jumped in their truck and went to get one of their riders. I never heard how the rider came out. They said he broke the bike in 19 pieces. I hope he is alright. Remember, Ride safe. Live to ride another day. Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quick

Wow, good you walked away from that one. At least you got another Triumph, please let us know how it compares to the Trophy.

Dave
The Tiger is approx 100 lbs lighter than the Trophy. I rode with the RAT group today. We rode between 300 and 400 miles. The bike uses less gas, easier to maneuver on the twisties. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts