Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years of fun here in Washington Ponycorn and I are moving back to San Jose (mainly for school).

I know there are lots of Thruxton and Bonnie riders in the Bay area. So who are the good dealers to deal with out in the San Jose area?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Welcome back. I usually deal with California Triumph in Mountain View. There's also Motoitaliano in San Jose, but they are a combined Triumph/Guzzi shop and really more Guzzi focused IMHO.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I second what DrEnglish said.

Calmoto in Mt. View is a good dealer and where I bought my bonnie. They also have a great service dept with lots of parts on hand (don't ask why I know this) Our Dept. bought all of the police BMW's up there as well. You maybe able to haggle over price more at motoitaliano. I have heard form other riders that even though they bought at motoitaliano they brought their bikes to Calmoto when they needed parts or service.

Welcome back.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bought a new ('05) T100 from Cal BMW/Triumph last year. I agree that they're a class operation. But some months ago I got an email notifaction that they would no longer install parts that were'nt purchased through their parts department, so when it was time to turn my bike in for some upgrades (904 kit & other stuff), I went to Moto Italiano/San Jose Triumph, which happens to be much closer. They still have the bike (don't ask!). They installed my progressive fork springs earlier, and I saw nothing to discourage me from having them work on my bike. But the picture's changed since all that; they no longer have a tech who was there, and they have a new service manager. I'm withholding final judgement till I get the bike back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and the Welcome backs everyone. I think we will check out the dealer in Mountain View.

I sure can't wait to ride in the area again, definitely different than Washington state. I will not miss the Central Washington winters!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
May the curse of endless sunny days and light traffic befall you both. :-D If southern California wasn`t in California,I`d be moving there too. :wink: Ride safe and good luck upon you both.
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.