Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need some info about installation of the Motovation products. I just bought a very lightly used 2008 Speed Triple in Mint condition. I haven't taken possession nor do I have any manuals....

I want to order barend sliders, fork and axle sliders and frame sliders to make sure she is well protected and I have couple questions.

1)Which barend sliders are the right size?
This is from the motovation website:
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=304

Handlebar Internal Diameter
Size A - 13.50 mm to 14.90 mm (Ducati 848, Hypermotard, KTM Superduke etc)
Size B - 15.95 mm to 19.24 mm (Ducati 1098, 696, MV Agusta etc)
Size C - 19.25 mm to 24.50 mm (Some Ducati Monsters, Multistradas etc)

2)What are the torque values for the engine mount frame sliders.
http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=331
Or I guess just what are the torque values for these bolts.

Thanks in advance and if you have any other installation tips please let me know.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Tried and true, twice...

Do yourself a favor and get the Rizoma bar ends from www.pjsparts.com.

If you ever lay it down/drop it, you can replace just the ends caps too as opposed to the whole bar end.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried and true, twice...

Do yourself a favor and get the Rizoma bar ends from www.pjsparts.com.

If you ever lay it down/drop it, you can replace just the ends caps too as opposed to the whole bar end.
I actually like the position of the rizoma frame sliders because they are more out of the way of my knees but I didnt see handle bar ends on the pj site.

·
Registered
445 Posts
+1 on the Rizoma bar ends.

May I suggest R&G for all your sliding needs. Forks, frames, cases, and axles. I have not tried mine out yet, and hope not to anytime soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found a local R&G dealer.
thanks for the recommendations. I really like how the aero sliders are out of the way of my knees.

anyone on those torque values for mounting the frame sliders to the engine mounts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts