Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why it's so goddamned hard for companies to produce clear photographs for installation instructions, but I guess the good camera must have been busted the day they took photos for the MotoTwin Stone Guard.

If anyone has this guard and can show me/tell me how the clips are supposed to slide in between the headlight and the metal around it, I'd appreciate it. There does not seem to be any way that I can put them in where they stay in place and hold the grille properly.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have installed one and I really do not think that set up is workable at all -those clips do not fit anyway I could figure it. SO-
I just took the light out (was replacing it with a car headlight anyhow) and put it all back together using SS safety wire at 3 points to hook the stone protector to the rim. you have to look real close to see the wire but it looks good and has stayed level and tight to the glass using this method. Good luck and just do it! I hooked the wire to the tabs in the rim and then around the screen as best I could . It works and looks good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts