Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Teach -

Greetings from Fremont.

I cannot speak towards that particular brand of rear stand. I can say that when I borrowed a stand from a friend (which he uses on his '99 Thunderbird) I found that the lift points would hit against the mufflers (I have Staintunes installed). Another friend told me that I'll need to install rear spools if I want to use a rear stand.

Hope that helps...

TBD

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently tried to order this stand from steelhorsefab and discovered that it will not fit with the stock exhaust. Here is part of his reply:

Thank you for your purchase. I see you listed a 2009 Bonneville T100. If you are running the stock mufflers on that, our stand will not fit on the bike. If you have different exhaust on it, I will need to see a picture of it to confirm it'll work.

Be advised, due to the high request for stands for Bonnevilles we have begun designing a rear stand specifically for that bike. It is still in development and will be available within a couple months or sooner.
There's a pic somewhere in the forum of a Thruxton with Arrow exhausts using this stand.

I'd like to give Ken at steelhorsefab a lot of credit for not letting me buy a stand he knew wouldn't fit. If I can wait that long, I'll definitely be giving them my business when the new stands come out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm also looking to get the rear stand from pj's. Does it work well for chain cleaning / maintenance and oil changes? What would you think about getting this stand as an alternative to the oem centerstand to store the bike upright in my garage to save space? Are bikes super stable on the rear stand versus a center stand? If you could only buy one - which would it be? I feel so needy right now. :eek:

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since nobody else is biting, I'll answer what I can.

Does it work well for chain cleaning / maintenance and oil changes?
With the stand so new, I'm not sure you'll get many testimonials on this particular stand. But if it works at all, it will do these things well. It is why I'm getting it.

What would you think about getting this stand as an alternative to the oem centerstand
I am getting this stand in preference to a center stand. My previous bike had a center stand and it was convenient, but I figure I don't really need to carry the stand around with me. Plus, the PJ stand is cheaper.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered this stand from T-rex-racing in hopes that it will fit my 09 Bonneville Black w/ the Dominators.

I based the decision from this post:
http://www.triumphrat.net/1327952-post4.html

I'll let you guys know if it will work when I get it.
Okay this rear stand from T-Rex Racing works for the 09 EFI Bonneville.. I have the TPUSA Dominator Tourings but I think they are pretty similar to the stock pipes. The reason this stand works is due to the design of how the part that actually touches the swingarm is raised higher than the rest of the stand which gives clearance for the pipes.

Here are some pics of how it lifts the bike by the swingarm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts